Pages

Monday, November 05, 2012

A Felt Fall Wreath

 
 
Time for my first Thanksgiving Craft!
 
I've been Baby Shower crafting like a mad woman & I can't wait to share some of the crafts I've done, but that will have to wait til next week because I don't want to spoil anything...

 

 
This wreath is absolute proof that my projects never finish with what I had in mind when I started!
 
I was thinking I wanted a fall wreath that was Burlap and cream flowers.
 
 
I started with a wire wreath form (the medium sized one at hobby lobby) and wrapped it with burlap.



And then I arranged and arranged and arranged the flowers and feathers and fall decorations I had until I finally decided to scrap the whole idea.
 
Then I decided to bust out some felt and see what I could come up with. I dug through what I had and pulled out the fall colors.


And then my idea began to take shape...
 
I decided I wanted little pennants on it that said "give thanks". So, I cut those out free hands. They are about 1.5" wide and 2" tall.



 
I cut out my letters on the Silhouette and hot glued them to the felt.

I picked three of my fall colors - Burgundy, Green and a mustard yellow. I cut them into strips about 3" x 2". I used pinking shears to give them the zig-zap design. I'm guessing, but I don't think regular old scrapbook scissors will get along with the felt too well.

 
I played with several difference patterns until I found one that I liked and would work with the amount of felt rectangles I had.


 
We have a winner!




 
Sorry I didn't get a picture - but I hot glued each piece on and layered them over one another.




Again - sorry for no picture... but I hot glued the pennants to some white elastic I had. You could easily use ribbon or twine or jute...
 

 
So I have a question fellow crafters... do you hang on to wreaths and other holiday specific items you make? I tend to trash instead of keep. Of course, in this case, I'd save the wreath form for another project. I like to give things away too. For instance, if someone really liked this wreath, I'd be happy to pass it along and make another one....
 
Happy Monday!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are one of my favorite parts of blogging! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.