Pages

Thursday, November 08, 2012

Where have I been??
 
I have been working like a crazy lady on my Sister-in-law's shower this week! I've actually been thankful that no one has wanted to show the house because it looks like something exploded at our house! I'm having so much fun and can't wait to share the pictures of all my projects. I hope she loves the "theme" I chose.
 
So I've been thinking, I don't think we take enough time as adults to celebrate the people we love. We stop throwing birthday parties because our lives get consumed by work and kids and bills... I don't like it. I want to celebrate the people that I have in my life. I want them to know they mean so much to me that I would take my free time and spend it on them. Parties don't have to be expensive people, but they do require a time investment. Seriously, whats more important - the Kardashians or the people you love?  I'm not saying give up on you. I totally need and understand taking time for yourself. But maybe stop and take the time to let the people you love know that you love them. It doesn't have to be a party and you shouldn't wait until their birthday.
 
I have been reminded too many times in the last year that people can be gone in an instant. Its a here today gone tomorrow world we live in. Stop - who are you thinking of right now - who popped in your mind??
 
CALL THEM! What are you waiting for? Um, yes, its going to be awkward (maybe). Just call them and tell them I love you and you mean so much to me. What's going on in your life? What can I do to help?
 
As I mentioned, I got off of Facebook. It has forced me to reach out and talk to people. What I found is that a quick facebook post was enough to pacify my guilt for not connecting with the people I should be connecting with.
 
I really didn't mean to get all preachy, sorry. I really just wanted to say, bear with me, I have lots to share, just not until after Saturday:) Well, I may have a teeny little spoiler tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are one of my favorite parts of blogging! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.