Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Quick Entry Update


My entrance is one of those places in my house that I am constantly changing. I'm just never 100% satisfied.

I made a couple of updates over the last month. They included some super cheap crafts!

This is the bench ans suitcases that hang out. The one on top does not live there... that's one of Jax's "Treasure" boxes.

I didn't manage to get a picture with the cushion on the trunk either - sorry folks.


 Lets talk about this sad little cushion. I can't sew and I know nothing about power tools. So, this was my way of improvising. I took two pieces of foam board and taped them together to get the length. Then I cut it with scissors to get the width. 


I'm way over this zebra fabric - so my first order of business was to change the fabric. I got lucky and found some Fall - ish fabric on clearance!

 I just laid the new fabric under the cushion until the pattern I wanted was on top. Then I got out the spray glue and sprayed it down one of the long sides. Then I just pulled the fabric around and smooth it down on top of the glue. Then I did the other long side the same way.



After your long sides are done, do the short sides like a present - tuck and fold. Use your spray glue to secure everything into place. Your corners should look like this...


 Tada! The fabric is not something I would pick for year round, but I love it for fall!


 I also added this $2 garage sale basket to corral our shoes.

 
Here's the whole wall - its still missing something! Any suggestions? Paint would help for sure - and I also have some shudders that might end up there somewhere... Decisions, decisions...


These were my little helpers...






post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are one of my favorite parts of blogging! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.