Pages

Monday, October 22, 2012

Personalized is the way to go!

 I love giving gifts. Not like at holidays, like with something good happens to somebody I care about. I like to show them how important they are to me by giving them a little something. I'm not necessarily talking about spending any money either. I'm probably going to be that Aunt that makes stuff for the kids at Christmas and nobody wants it - but on the flip side - they won't forget it! They'll be like, remember that year Aunt Krystal made us felt koozie's for our hot chocolate mugs...

Wow - that got off track. Whatever.

My sister-in-law and her husband are getting a new house just in time for the arrival of their second baby (yay for babies that I can spoil and give back).

So, since I'm not around to help with the house, I wanted to give her a little housewarming gift. As I may have mentioned, I'm on a pretty tight budget right now (more on why soon) but I wanted it to be something special.

Then I remembered that a while back I had ordered her something from Uppercase Living and never made anything with it!

So, here we go. I started with a Magnet board from Ikea. I think it was only like $4.99. but I've had it for about 3 years, so I may be off a little. I decided to spray paint it with some of the Heirloom White Spray Paint I had.


Voila! Instant Improvement! You could also spray it with adhesive and cover it with fabric!


These are the vinyl's I already had.



I also wanted to add an area for notes, grocery lists, etc. So, I cut out this design on Chalkboard Vinyl. You could also make a stencil with regular vinyl and spray or paint the chalkboard on.


If you haven't cut vinyl on your Silhouette/Cricut, its really simple. You just cut your design, peel off the negative space (so your left with the design you want to keep), put transfer paper on top, peel off the backing and apply the vinyl to its new home.



I played with the arrangement until I found something I liked.



 Once I made up my mind, I stuck everything on and Voila! I had a personalized housewarming gift that I hope she loves it!



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are one of my favorite parts of blogging! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.