Well, despite the wind wreaking havoc on our decor - Jax's party was a hit! It was so much fun planning out the little details and seeing it all come together.
We had the guests come straight to the back yard. While the wind sent the majority of our balloons to an early grave, the sign stood up to the test.
The sign was made up of a cardboard box that I duct taped together and then spray painted. The letter are vinyl and the banner is cut from leftover felt.
We hung tablecloths between the fence and the house to create curtains to walk through. We had five different colors.
The actual "theme" that Jax requested was a Play-doh party. So, we got the kiddos aprons to protect their cloths and put together every play-doh toy we could find. We set up two main tables and two "Stations."
My sister put together all of the candy and snack food. She did an amazing job - as always! She also designed some adorable signage for the candy and food table.
Isn't this table amazing?!?! My sister took it to the next level on this one!
One of the dangers of sharing a home with me is that nothing is safe when I'm in project mode. I painted my husband's wheel barrow for drinks. I mean, it'll still haul dirt regardless of what color it is!
Every year I have either handmade or ordered a printed scrapbook for Jaxson's party showing the year before. Didn't happen this year - but I did hang a bunch of pictures out for the guests to see.
The party was a huge success - but my husband has already requested a party at Chuck e cheese or something a little less work for next year...
By the way - most of the decorations came from Oriental Trading or the dollar store. You would be surprise what you can do with a roll of tablecloth. As a matter of fact, you will be seeing soon enough because I have a lot left!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are one of my favorite parts of blogging! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.