So the hubs totally surprised us and came home for Jax's birthday! He turned 4 on Friday, October 5th - which is the most common birthday!
The night before his birthday I hung streamers from his door - he woke up while it was still dark and came in to my room. He woke me up and said "what is that stuff hanging on my door?" Not exactly the reaction I had planned, but once he realized what it was, he thought it was pretty cool! Looks like they will be staying for a little while :)
________________________
A little Coupon Action!
I'm a visual person - so I thought taking a few pics of how I coupon might help! I went to Target on Friday and picked up a few things I had coupons for. These are good examples of what I call Normal Couponing. These aren't extreme transactions, but the savings still add up!
Here is our first item - Ritz Crackers in the stacks.
Regular Price: $2.99
Sale Priece: $2.54
Manufacturer Coupon: $1.00 off 2
Target Coupon: $1.00 off 2
Final Price: $1.54/box, a savings of about 50%
We eat a lot of Ritz at our house. As a matter of fact, this would be the only thing Kennedy will crawl for. Don't judge.
Our next item is an example of my impatience. Normally, a good little couponer would never buy something that wasn't on sale unless they absolutely needed the item.
Crisco Shortening - its baking season Baby!
Regular Price $2.34
Manu Coupon $1.00 off one Crisco Item
Final Price $1.34, savings of 43%
I'll be honest - I'm not a fan of canned chili, but we needed it for Jax's birthday party... so I was excited to have a coupon for it.
Hormel Chili
Regular Price $1.49
Sale Price $1.29
Coupon $0.55 off 2 cans
Final Price $1.02, savings of 31%
EXTREME ALERT! These Ortego coupons come around every few months and are such a great deal! If you use Taco Seasoning or cook mexican food very often - your are CRAZY to pass these up.
These coupons are $1.00 off two items. You can get Ortega Taco Seasoning for $0.67 as their everyday price. That's only $0.17 with your coupon. Let's just say I had plenty of Taco Seasoning, so I decided to see what else I could get with this coupon.
I decided on Diced Jalapenos at a final price of $0.49 and Black Beans at a final price of $0.50
That's it for my Coupons, but I have a lot more I clipped this weekend and hope to be making another Target Run later this week.
I get all of my coupons at www.Target.com or you can find them through www.KrazyCouponLady.com
_____________________________
I didn't get to take any pictures - but I have a great new recipe to share! Its perfect for this cold weather (while it lasts) and its really (really) easy!
Crockpot Beef Stew
1 lb Beef Stew Meat
1 Package Lipton Beefy Onion Soup Mix
1 Package Brown Gravy
1 Cup Carrots, Chopped
1 Cup Celery, Chopped
1 Cup Onion, Chopped
1 Md Potato, Chopped
1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 Cup Water
Beef Broth - Enough to cover everything
Mix the dry ingredients with the water.
Dump Everything in the Crockpot
Make sure to add enough Beef Broth to cover everything.
Turn on low and go to work.
Come home to some yummy comfort food that smells amazing!
We ate it with leftover cornbread (from Pinto Beans I made the day before).
Stay tuned this week - I'm going to start showing y'all some of the decorations I've been working on for Jax's 4th Birthday Party on Saturday!







No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are one of my favorite parts of blogging! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.