Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

"BOO"

 
I absolutely love how this turned out! It was a very inexpensive project and just like the fabric pumpkins, didn't take much time.
 
I have a Silhouette Cameo that cuts everything out for me - but you could get the same end result with purchased items. OR you could find a friend that has a Silhouette and bum off of them.
 
Here is what you will need:
 
Letters for your word (BOO, EEK, etc) - Mine measured 8" wide and 10" tall. My letters are cut out of card stock that I didn't really like and then spray painted with chalkboard paint - cuz its what I had. You could purchase letters, cut letters out of black cardstock, or use wooden letters (which would probably do better if you wanted to use them for multiple years)
 
Stickers or halloween shapes cut from Vinyl. You might notice that the window to the left is decorated with the vinyl I didnt use :)
 
Duct Tape - for hanging - I'm fancy like that
 
 
 
Here is what my shapes looked like cut out and the negative space (extra vinyl) removed.
 
 
For the polka dots and bats, I let some of them overhang and then trimmed them up with an exacto knife.
 
 
And here she is! Like I said - I just love love how this turned out! I have the letters for EEK too - so I may do another version for somewhere in the house...
 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by!
 
Please feel free to share my posts on Facebook or Pinterest! I'd really like to do some giveaways or host a craft party - but I think I better get my followers up first!

3 comments:

  1. you forgot to mention that this is a great project to do with little kid helpers! -lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg...spray painting card stock...LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg...spray painting card stock...LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are one of my favorite parts of blogging! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.