Mexican Chicken Pizza
So - I really like to cook. Its one of my many therapies... and I think it's my favorite way to show people they are important to me!
Earlier this week I wanted to make pizza - which happens at least once a week. I decided to experiment a little and make a Mexican Chicken Pizza. I have a Black bean and corn salsa that I make a lot. You will pretty much make it while making this recipe. A great appetizer while your pizza cooks!
Here's what you'll need:
6oz can of tomato paste
6oz warm water
Minced Garlic
italian seasoning
salt
southwestern seasoning
Cilantro
2 Cups yellow cheese, shredded - whatever kind you got
red onion (about a quarter of an onion) diced
Can of Corn
Can of Rotel
Can of Black Beans
Pizza Crust (sometimes I make the recipe from the Pioneer Women, sometimes I use Pillsbury's Refrigerated Crust)
3 Cups Diced Chicken (I used Tyson's Frozen Fully Cooked Diced Chicken)
Here we go!
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
Then make your Pizza Sauce: I don't like the stuff you can buy premade because you can't pronounce any of the ingredients and I can make it better and cheaper. I mix the tomato paste with the warm water. Add about 3 Cloves of Minced Garlic. I like to mince mine fresh. It avoids all the extra oil in the jarred stuff and the flavor is way better. Did you know fresh garlic helps fight seasonal allergies? Then add a tablespoon(ish) of italian seasoning. Most of my seasoning is Pampered Chef. Its good quality and I sell Pampered Chef, so it works out :)
I make the sauce first because it gives the seasoning a chance to hydrate and get all good and combined.
By now your oven should be ready. You can go ahead and pop in your pizza crust for about 5 minutes to prebake.
I use a Pampered Chef Baker's roller to get the crust all the way to the edges. I also cook my pizza on a Pampered Chef Large Bar Pan. Its just the right size for the canned pizza dough. I also sprinkled the crust with some Pampered Chef Southwestern Seasoning. I promise I'm not trying to sell you Pampered Chef stuff, I mean, I will sell you Pampered Chef stuff, but that isn't the point of me sharing this receipe:)
While thats in the oven you can start preparing your toppings!
Grate the cheese, dice onion, chop the cilantro...
Next you need to drain your rotel, black beans and corn
Dice your chicken
Side Note: This Chicken is on sale at Target for $5.99. There is a $1.00 Target Coupon here and a $1.00 Manufacturer's Coupon here. That make this whole bag of Chicken only $3.99.
Okay - pull your crust out of the oven and add the sauce.
Then pile on the toppings! Don't forget to add the cheese!

Here she is out of the oven all bubbly and delicious smelling! Not my favorite food picture I confess - gonna have to work on my food photography skills!
Now, you should have a decent amount of black beans, corn and rotel left over. Add in a handful of diced red onion, cilantro, garlic salt and a splash of lime juice and you have a refreshing, low calorie appetizer to serve with chips or eat alone. Enjoy!









I will be making this for dinner thanks!!
ReplyDeleteLooks good, bummed I missed it! Just fyi- I will be a recipe taster anytime, you know where to find me!
ReplyDelete