Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Love me some Smoothies - Neopolitan


This is breakfast every morning for me. I LOVE me some smoothies. I like that they are fast, packed with good stuff and I can drink them on the way to work. They also keep me full until lunch, which is great, because my mornings are usually way too busy for snacks.

My new favorite is Neopolitan and it goes like this...

8 oz mik (I use Silk Almond Milk)
7-10 Frozen Strawberries (depending on how big they are)
2 Cubes of Frozen Dannon Light & Fit Yogurt (I freeze it in a ice cube tray)
1 Tablespoon Cocoa Powder
1 Teaspoon (a cap full) of Vanilla

Put it all in a blender - mix it up - pour into a glass and enjoy. I usually put mine in one of those insulated cups with the straws - but I was working from home today - so I got to use a pretty glass (repurposed spaghetti sauce jar - we're fancy like that) and one of my fun stripey straws!

If you work out a lot or need a little more something-something to get you through until lunch, you could add a little protein powder. I really like the Visalus protein mix. Its sweet cream flavored and its delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are one of my favorite parts of blogging! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.