Pages

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Getting Crafty on a Sunday Morning...

Trash to Treasure is DEFINITELY my favorite type of craft. Reuse beats Recycle everytime - especially when you reuse it as something super cute (in my opinion).
So, well over a month ago, a friend who obviously knows me very well - brought me her Preggie Pops Container. I've been using it to store my buttons. This morning I finally got a chance to jazz it up with a custom label I designed and cut with my Silhouette.


Before:
































After (and not quite dry): 
I attached the label with Mod Podge. I'm especially proud of my buttons :) 
 And then I finished up the picture frames I've been working on. 

This one is for Tad (obviously). He belongs to the mommy that donated the Preggie Pops. It isn't quite dry either - patience isn't exactly my thing.
 This is for Cameron - Jax's cousin. I'm considering adding some skateboard terminology/subway art to the striped side - but the jury's still out on that one.
 And this one is for... drumroll please, the Wright Family. They live across the street. Deedee saw me working on it, it matched the color scheme of her house, so I just added their name across the top. My mod podge gave me a little trouble on this one... I'm gonna have to do a little home work on the best way to apply it to something with so many ridges - any suggestions?
 And while I was doing all of this in the garage, Jax was apparently destroying his room and managing to get himself into the dirty clothes basket without tipping it over.

The best part was, I had put on his new Chugginton movie... so I guess it got to a good part, because he stood like that forever while I found the camera, loaded the card, took a few pics, got Clint and then got his attention. And yes, he runs around naked all the time.

post signature

1 comment:

  1. your craftiness is simply amazing!! I hadn't checked your blog in a while because our computer has been messed up, so I just caught up on a lot...we need to schedule some hang out time soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are one of my favorite parts of blogging! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.