I need a minute to vent...
Contrary to the rest of the things in my life, I have chosen not to stress out or push potty training on Jaxson. I've heard far too many horror stories from friends of constipation and worry only to have their children "decide" they are ready and start using the potty with minimal persuasion.
So, thats where I am on the potty training thing. However, this morning was still Extremely annoying. I figure, he's probably not going to go for it on his own - his is only Two. And, he doesn't have an older brother to model after. Lastly, he does not seem to care AT ALL that most of the other kids in his class use the potty. Guess he's not the kid whose gonna jump off the cliff just cause the other guy did - that's a plus!
So, occasionally when we are home for the day, I bust out a small toy/treat that I've been saving (this morning was an M&M Man that I found on 75% off from Valentines day). My child LOVES M&M's - so this should have been a slam dunk.
I show him the M&M Man and explain the rules. You go to the bathroom on the potty instead of the Percy Britches (little boy underwear)and you get the Man. Easy Peasy.
Not two minutes later I take him his plate of breakfast (he is sitting in his seat at the table). His seat and him are COVERED IN PEE. I asked him, "did you pee in your britches?" I hate rhetorical questions, but he is only two.
He just gives me a blank stare and looks confused as to why we are having to remove those cool Percy Britches - and his shirt - and my shirt.
I mean folks - Jax doesn't get it AT ALL.
So, I guess I'll give it another month and see where we are at. Again, I don't want to force anything on him. So, away goes the cool britches and M&M man. End vent.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are one of my favorite parts of blogging! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.