Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011


 So this is really cool - and I have to be quick because Dora is almost over...

I have had this frame for over a year. I got it for $1 at the most at a garage sale. Clint has suggested its disposal on multiple occasions. There was just something I like about it. So, I just kept moving it around til a couple weekends ago. 

I was making a trip to Hobby Lobby and bought a couple yards of burlap. I have been wanting to do something with burlap for a while, again, just not sure what...

And then it came to me...

So, Clint and Corey sanded it down and applied a coat of polyurethane. Then we flipped it over and stapled the burlap right into the frame where the glass would have been.


Tada! Looks good already right?
 Okay, so then we printed off the C and the Est. 2005 from my Silhouette. We couldn't find anything we loved on the Silhouette and their site was having a little trouble. So, we made another trip to Hobby Lobby and bought a stencil.

Using black and a bronzey paint we already had, Clint went to work. He is much more artistic than I am... so he got the mix of the colors just right!

 This was a super easy project that anybody could do!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are one of my favorite parts of blogging! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.