Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

 So, this is where most of my projects start. Its a mess. My goal for January is to get it organized as much as possible. Its in the garage, so I'm not working with an actual craft "room", more like a craft "wall". 

However, in my dream home - there will be a room dedicated to crafts!

So, I just wanted to show you that ANYBODY can get into crafting. 

One of my neighbor's mom's brought me a leftover 2X6X30 from a project at their lake house. I had no idea what I was going to do with them, but that's how most of my projects go.

So, as my first project in decorating/organizing my craft wall, I wanted to make a CREATE sign.

I split the sign into six somewhat equal sections. I painted each section in different colors. Now, most of the cool techniques I come across are pure accident.

I ended up with a really cool vintage type effect on the color blocks. How you ask? I didn't use a new brush as I changed colors. I just wiped it off (see the foam board on the far left of the table). So, what started as laziness created a pretty nifty effect.
Okay, so I let that dry overnight. This morning while Jax was doing some serious cartoon watching, I cut out white vinyl letters on my Silhouette. Super fast and easy.

Tada!

My original plan was to paint over it in black with a dry brush technique (letting some of the color show through) an then peeling off the letters, but I kinda like it like this.

So, what do you think? Like it is or with the black overlay? 
post signature

1 comment:

Comments are one of my favorite parts of blogging! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.