Pages

Thursday, October 08, 2009

Oh how far we've come in a year...

I'm sitting at my desk, waiting to be advised on my next client.... so I start flipping back through the blog.... Where has a year gone? I decided I'm going to copy an idea I saw on a friends blog. Every month she lists the firsts and funny things her son is doing.... So, here goes:

1. Jaxson should be walking any time now. After his birthday party he walked about 5 feet. Not a controlled fall - real steps. He will walk a few steps every once in a while on his own, and he can be persuaded if his mood is just right. He still prefers to crawl, but it won't be long before he is walking!

2. I'm pretty sure his newest word is Bubba. He doesn't say it on his own, but he repeated it at dinner Monday night. Clint and I call him Bubba all the time - so I guess he finally picked up on it.

3. He loves cheese. He actually gets excited when I pull a slice out of the fridge. On the flip side - there is very little meat that we can get him to eat. He will eat the sausage off of pizza, but not the sausage I make in a pan. Clint doesn't like it either, so I cooked a whole pound of breakfast sausage for just me (thinking Jax would eat it too). No hotdogs, no lunchmeat, no chicken, no steak! Maybe I'm just not doing it right....

4. He apparently can sense what areas of the house are no-no's. Examples include the toilet :), cabinet with the cleaners (see prior post), cabinet with corningware, under the office desk (cords everywhere), and inside the dryer (not all the way, but almost).

5. His favorite things include books, animal sounds, singing, Backyardigans, the park, and Mrs. Brooke. Apparently he likes her more than me. Last night Brooke and I went to a little get together and he kept leaving me and crawling around til he found her. Very upsetting.

I'll try to keep this up :) Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are one of my favorite parts of blogging! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.