Pages

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Jax's first Easter Basket (the Reese's Eggs are for mom)

Jax had his 6 month check up today! I have to say... I totally think the scale is broken at the doc's office. He weighed 17 lbs 14 oz... but I swear he weighs more than than! He is 26.5 inches long. His head is 18 inches. All of his measurements were in the 50th percentile except his head (shocker), which was in the 95th percentile.

Doc said he was perfect - of course we already knew that. He took his shots like a champ, but he is definitely fussy this time.


These are the few Easter pics we got after church.



This is Jax's best budy, Jace. Jace's Dad Justin and Clint have been best friends since childhood... and their sons are only 17 days apart. Cool huh?
We didn't manage to get a good picture of them both facing the camera... but you can tell how cute they are from any angle. (notice their hands in the second pic)




I discovered the coolest place yesterday ~ Hubbell and Hudson
I love when I find a place that has really fresh produce. I guess growing up in a small town and always knowing someone that has a garden really spoiled me. I get so frustrated with the junk they overcharge for in the groceries stores around here. Anyway.... this place has fresh produce that is to die for. Its one of those places you'd expect to see in like San Francisco. Very "green" oriented and lots of organic stuff and brands you've never seen before. I was mostly interested in the fruits and veggies. But it got better... they have FRESH PEANUT BUTTER. You may laugh, but I have never seen anything like this before. I just discovered a new type of Jif peanut butter that takes more like fresh peanuts and I put it on everything. Well, this place has a machine that has peanuts in it... and it actually crushes the peanuts right there and make the peanut butter fresh. I didn't get to try it because I was in a hurry - but you better believe I'm going back. They also had fresh breads that smell amazing.

Okay - I'm gonna stop here - i'm way too excited about a grocery store.

Well - maybe just one more thing. Viking (the appliance company) has a cooking school on top of the market. You can take little three hour classes where you learn how to make a really cool dish (pretty sure they do most of the work) and just get a really cool experience. They have a girl's night out version that I would love to try with some of my girlfriends. I mentioned it to the hubby - but he didn't sound thrilled - so I won't torture him. They also have baking classes that I would totally take alone. Maybe one Saturday that I have a sitter I can learn to decorate cakes or something...

3 comments:

  1. First - Jaxson is the most precious!

    Second - You look like the proudest, most adorable mom EVER in your little family Easter pic, but with a family that beautiful, how could you not?

    Third - I was not aware of the fresh peanut butter, Thursday has now taken on a new importance...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sista...the family pic is adorable and so is the pic of Jaxes and Jace. I miss ya'll. I am always amazed at what he can do!!! Love ya'll

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where is the new magical "green" place you speak of?!?! Totally sounds like something up my alley!

    P.S. Do you realize that you are getting some AMAZINGLY CUTE pictures of your baby?!?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are one of my favorite parts of blogging! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.