Pages

Thursday, April 09, 2009


This is our newest trick. I remember seeing a picture somewhere of a baby doing this... and it said it was the precursor to crawling (which we have not mastered yet)... which scares me big time... I'd like to take this one "step" at a time. Let me get used to him crawling before he walks! I've heard there are babies that go from scooting to walking - and I am so hoping Jax doesn't do that...



I got this book out for the first time today. Elmo getting dressed or something like that. Anyway - Jax loved it. It has zippers and button and velcro. Pretty much just lots of things to put in his mouth. He really looked like he was reading it - it was so cute... he'd chew for awhile then flip the page and chew a little more...


Okay - don't judge me on this next picture. I left the room for a second and came back to this.... He had spit up and then planted his face in it. Its just so funny how they don't even care. When I can feel something on my face it drives me crazy. He was totally oblivious.

Life with a 6 month old has been a little hectic this week. I'm a little stressed out trying to finish up taxes, and I guess he started picking up on it. He's been fussy, clingy, and waking up bunches at night. Prior to this, he had been sleeping til four or five for a snack and then sleeping on til 7.
Today I tried to just put the work stuff away until he was napping and really just play with him 100%. Sometimes when I have a lot of work its like... play long enough to make him happy... run and try to get something done...repeat (That really sounds terrible - promise it isn't something I do a lot). Anyway, he seemed to do a lot better today (and hopefully tonight).

We are going to Madisonville this weekend for Easter. I'm looking forward to a trip to the country, a little break from being mommy, and maybe a chance to get this work off my plate. I put together Jax's Easter basket today. This is the first holiday I felt like he could really be a part of. Of course, he was with me when I bought everything, and I showed him everything to see his reaction before I bought it... but it will be fun to watch him tear it up nonetheless.

I think I may treat myself to a spa day after the 15th... wonder if I could write that off as employee mental health?? Hey, that one chick got to write off her boob job...

Jax has his six month checkup on Tuesday (apparently I wasn't thinking when I scheduled it for the 14th). I can't wait to see how much he has grown!

Happy Friday and Happy Easter to everyone! He is RISEN!

2 comments:

  1. That "fixing to start crawling" age is so fun and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He his ADORABLE! In the first pic it looks like he's about to start a race, like getting ready to SPRINT! And if you need a buddy to go to the spa with - you've got an overworked friend in me :)

    Miss you!!! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are one of my favorite parts of blogging! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.