Mom: think, think, think... what can we try that we haven't already done today
Jax: getting louder, arching back
Mom: swimming pool
Jax: Mom, the water is cold, this diaper (little swimmer) feels weird, and ugh - its so not warm enough outside for this
Mom: Brain fart... what was I thinking. Guess we should get out - crap - I forgot to get a towel!
That killed maybe 15 minutes... it was just one of those days!
Jax has been thinking about crawling for a while now. He just never seems to have anything that he wants bad enough to crawl for it. Well, he has an extreme fascination with the remote control (go figure - hundreds of toys and thats his favorite). So, I put it just out of his reach, and he crawled/lunged his way across the floor to get it!
I think Jax is as relieved as I am that Tax Season is OVER! He was in a much better mood yesterday - and so was I.
We went to a consignment sale and got some new toys - and played hard all day. He was back to his old self. Smiling and laughing like crazy.
I am super excited for this weekend. I get to see my bff Tiff and her precious new baby, Kaleb. Then Sunday we will be taking our first family pictures. I am super pumped. The photographers website is www.photograhybyjoyelle.com.
I have to go shopping today to get us something to wear for the pics. Aunt Sierra got Jax this awesome button up shirt - so he is wearing that... I just have to find something equally awesome for mom and dad. I just hate having another reason to shop - sarcasm intentional!
I hope everyone has a great Friday and a wonderful weekend. Handy Manny is over, so I have to get back to "work."

Hahaha - crawling for the REMOTE! I remember when Kylee (my flower girl) was in that "trying" to crawl but just not quite motivated enough phase - we got her to crawl to a Whataburger french fry with ketchup on it - HYSTERICAL!!! The remote is probably a little healthier...
ReplyDeleteAll it takes is a little motivation...think Lamb's french fry thing is hysterical!! Oh, and pool scenario / story was awesome! Glad you were able to burn 15 minutes!
ReplyDeleteIsn't motherhood great though? Even with it's "oops, don't do that agains". Enjoy the best days of your life!!!!!
ReplyDeletelove ya