As I was sitting here patiently waiting for Jax to wake up from his nap so we can run errands, I started thinking about how much our lives have changed in the past four months.
I am learning so much! For example...
1. I am NOT in control.
2. You can wash your hair one time and get three days worth of wear out of it. Day one - nice and fluffy. Day two - half up/half down. Day three - ponytail. At this point, you just pray you have the energy to start over.
3. Poop after cereal is a whole different kind of stink.
4. Diapers leak. Even the "best" ones. And tell me if this makes SENSE. When Jax wakes at 4 and there is the possibility I could get him to sleep again, he is soaked in pee. Thus, we must change clothes and wake him up 100%. However, when he sleeps until 6, not a drop!
5. I cannot control the impulse to buy at least one baby thing every time I go to the store. I could buy nothing else for another six months and we wouldn't need a thing. Ever since I moved into my own place, I have had this weird need to have extra of everything. Hurricane Ike REALLY made it worse. I already have 10 2-packs of baby food and Jax just started cereal.
6. Babies are smarter than we give them credit for. Jax has this special little cry/squeal he does when nothing is wrong, he just wants me to pick him up. The sounds is like nails on a chalkboard for me. So, he wins.
7. SAHM should be paid. A lot.
Big Bows & Besties: Hosting the Cutest Galentine’s Party Ever
-
Big Bows & Besties: Hosting the Cutest Galentine’s Party Ever. Five easy
DIY decor projects to create a festive Valentine’s Day Galentine’s party.
The po...
6 months ago

Look how much you have learned in just 4 short months!!!! Don't worry, you have many, many more lessons :)
ReplyDeletelove ya, can't wait to see y'all.
Such a smart little mommy!
ReplyDeleteJust wait 'til you get to poop after tablefood...
day 3 I wear a hat :) you can even get a day 4 with a hat
ReplyDelete