Pages

Thursday, January 22, 2009

NO WAY!



Finally got my rocking chair - in one piece!!

I was honestly beginning to think Jaxson just enjoyed the way I looked after a long night of no sleep and loads of frustration. Well, last night he only woke up ONE TIME! He slept from 8:30 to 3:45 and then til 7!! Thats amazing!

What was our secret you ask? Beats me! I had pretty well given up on all the advice I had received. Don't get me wrong - I wasn't trying to make him sleep through the night, I didn't even mind getting up once or twice. I was just exhausted from him waking up at all kinds of random intervals for apparently no reason.

We tried the routine thing for like a month straight - same thing - every night. Didn't seem to matter to him.

I tried feeding him when he got sleepy in a nice quiet place - it just gave him gas because he was too sleepy to wake up and burp.

Last night we played and played and played, watched American Idol, ate about 8, and finally fell asleep on mom about 8:30. He woke up about 9:30 and rolled over - so I went in his room and rolled him back over. I don't really think he even woke up all the way. Then it was snooze til 3:45.

Sadly, I woke up about a hundred times, but I'm SO not complaining. And yes, I know, this could totally be a fluke - but I am not claiming that!

Then I decided to try something for nap time. Its almost always a fight to get him to sleep - he just hollers himself to sleep. So, when he started rubbing his eyes and pulling his left ear (his tell-tell sign), I just laid him on his stomach in his crib. He screamed. I put up some laundry. He rolled himself over. I rolled him back over. He screamed. Put up more laundry. He rolled himself over. I rolled him back over. He crashed.

Took a total of MAYBE 5 minutes. No, I'm gonna say more like 3.

So, maybe I'm gonna get this all figured out.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for finally getting your rocker! And a great big yay for a little more sleep!
    The amazing thing to me is no matter how tired or grumpy you get all it takes is one little bitty smile and the world is a much better place.Give that sweetie a hug for me please. Hope each night gets a little better. love ya, me

    ReplyDelete

Comments are one of my favorite parts of blogging! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.