I went to the doctor yesterday... and she "checked" me for the first time. Kinda scary cause that means we are getting to the end of this whole process... Here's the info...
I am 70% effaced
The Cervix is closed
He is stationed at -2
From what I read online... all of that is normal.
She also said that she thinks he is not a big baby. She didn't say small - so no need to be concerned, just not big. I asked how she could tell - she says just from the size of my belly - and the fact that she has done this a few times :)
So, I'm showing progress... which is good, but as I am learning... that doesn't necessarily mean anything. However, as I have said before... I think he will be early. I was (really) early and my sisters were two and three weeks early. There just isn't a lot of room left... and if I were him, I would want to come out sooner than later. If he is anything like his mother... he will be early and he will already have a to do list for his first day :) If he is anything like his father... he might be in there for awhile.
We have another appointment Wednesday, Sept 3rd to do an ultrasound to check his position, weight, etc. Kinda cool that this is the same day as Tiff's first appointment! I think the news is out... so hopefully I'm not in trouble. My bff is preggo!!!
Then our next appointment after that is scheduled for Sept 8th.... and every Monday after that until he gets here.
I'm for sure nesting! I spent this weekend shopping and decorating for fall... so the house will be decorated for all of our visitors, cleaning the garage, installing the car seat, and shampooing the carpet. Then last night... I completely reorganized the filing cabinet and supply drawers in the office. Not sure what I'm going to tackle tonight... but I'm sure I'll find something.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are one of my favorite parts of blogging! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.