Pages

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

BIG NEWS: I have been praying about and deeply contemplating the idea of not coming back to work for Paramount after the baby gets here. As many of you know, I have another company that does bookkeeping and is part of an investment partnership (boring, I know). Well, I've been praying since I saw "pregnant" on the stick, that God would make a way for me to stay home. Well, surprise, he has! Things will be a little tight, but we're gonna make it work. I finally worked up the nerve to tell my boss this morning. I absolutely love him and couldn't ask for a better boss... but he knew what I wanted as soon as I closed the door. I never even said it. He asked me to continue doing the bookkeeping from home for one company... which I can totally handle. I just didn't want to be committed to coming to the office. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted.

So... I guess I will officially be a stay at home mom! I am so EXCITED! There were so many things I was afraid I would miss, not to mention the stress of two jobs and a newborn.

Let me back up for a second... Saturday was our baby shower... and WOW! We got everything we could possibly need for Jaxson. Now he just needs to get here! We are still putting things up and of course I am still reorganizing ~ but that won't ever stop!

Thanks so much to everyone that came and to everyone who couldn't come and sent gifts. We appreciate each one of you SOOOO much.

One of the super special things Jaxson got was a custom handmade wooden rocking fire truck from Dad and Patty. I will get pictures as soon as I can remember :) It is about 5 foot long and maybe 3 foot tall. Its built to match the firetruck on his baby bedding... it even has Madisonville FD on the side. How cool is that? It also has a ladder and real fire hose... with nozzles and the whole bit!

Now we wait... today is 35 weeks! I was born at 35 weeks, and its just crazy to imagine that its even possible that he could come any day now. I think the next five weeks are really going to drag!

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading your blog, Krystal and am very happy that things have worked out for you to be a stay-at-home mom! How wonderful! I hope it works out for you to come to the ladies retreat... there will be other moms with little babies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on stay-at-home! That's awesome...nothing like working in your pjs with spitup all over you. :) I wouldn't trade it for anything!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are one of my favorite parts of blogging! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.