Pages

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Well, Canton didn't exactly turn out as planned. We got there about 10am on Saturday after stopping in Athens to check out Adam's Surplus. Its a building surplus place that Mom just loves. She got me some really cute firefighter knobs to use on a shelf or something...

Canton was hot and so much bigger than I remember. We found some great deals, but we have decided we would be just as content at flea markets closer to home. She got a few things for her first apartment, which is so exciting. I got a trunk for the living room for baby toys and blankets. I also got a blanket and softie (mini blanket) for Jaxson. Oh, and I found an 1946 print of Mother's Goose Nursery Rhymes. I'm a sucker for old books. It will be a look don't touch item. Side note: Clint's mom gave us a book of children's stories that was given to Clint when he was born. I thought that was pretty neat.

Speaking of pretty neat... We are also getting a bassinet from Clint's Uncle Art that was made by Clint's grandpa (maybe great-grandpa). Clint used it when he was a baby. Cool, huh?

Back to Canton, by 4ish we were pretty exhausted. Our hotel was thirty minutes in the direction of home... and none of us were dying to come back for day two, so we went ahead and headed home. Don't get me wrong, Canton rocks, the Jones girls just don't shop for long. I felt like I had been beat up. A familiar bed sounded way better than a hotel.

We had a GREAT time. We hardly ever get to all hang out anymore. Hopefully having Sierra in Houston this summer for her internship will give us all more time together.

Promise to post pics of my finds soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are one of my favorite parts of blogging! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.