Pages

Friday, May 30, 2008

We ordered furniture last night!!! I am SOOOO Excited. We ordered it from JCPenny. I can't wait to see it. We had it shipped to the store because it was bunches cheaper (and there is one 15 minutes from the house). The best part, if you deliver to the store, its there in 4-7 days. Not that we have a place to put it... but atleast we'll have it!

We got the deep espresso finish thats in most of the pictures. The crib is one of those convertibles that ends up being a full size bed. We got the crib, conversion rails (for later). and the dresser. They also had a changing table that could be a night stand later. We didn't order that because I didn't know if all of it would really fit in the room. So, we may get it after we get the furniture in. Or, I guess we could put it in the guest room for now, so we'd have it later... I'm rambling.





I can't figure out why these are smaller :( but everything is on the website if you wanna see better pics.

The more I look at this changer, the more I want it. Its so cute! I just love the little cubies.
I can't wait to see it in the room with the bedding on it!

Oh... help from you moms out there! I need advice on the mattress. Do you go all out and buy the expensive one, or are they all the same, so I can get the less expensive one? Is it gross to get one at a garage sale or something? Also... do you actually use the changing table? My guess would be no. The only reason I am really considering it is that it would make a perfect nightstand once the bed is converted to full size. Please leave comments with your advice :)

Oh! I had a doctor's appointment this morning. Clint's mom pointed out that we didn't even talk about the baby's measurements and all that. OOPS! However, I am going back for another ultrasound, so maybe Dr. Richter wanted to wait until she had everything? We are going back for another ultrasound because the lady didn't get all the spine measurements the first time. So, my next appointment is June 27th. We are doing the glucose test in the am (yummy!), our ultrasound is at noon, and then, I think we are going to go to the hospital and do the tour/financial fun stuff.

I only gained two pounds since my last appointment (part... okay, a lot of me is very excited about that). Though I must be honest.... the big weight on the bottom was a little crooked... so that may have changed the scale a bit... but we're gonna pretend that doesn't matter at all! The baby's heart beat was 142, and the coolest thing, you could hear him kicking!

We are leaving for Canton tomorrow am...yippee! I hope we find some really great stuff... even if we don't, I know it will be a good time!

3 comments:

  1. I can't honestly tell you that I know anything about the expensive mattresses...the one we bought was a cheaper WalMart one. We've had no problems with it.

    On the changing table...yes, I used it with both Conner and Micah for the first couple of months. After three or four months, though, they were too big and wiggly and it was just easier to change them on the floor, bed, or couch. Then a few months later those cute little baskets and cubbies became a problem when all they wanted to do was dump them out. For Joey we didn't even set up the changing table. I just put a couple of blankets on top of the chest-of-drawers in his room. I'm already changing him on the floor a whole lot, though.

    Good luck. Cute, cute furniture. Can't wait to see it with your stuff in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I think the cheap mattress is fine" is the quote from dad wells.
    As for the changing table...I used one with all my kids and loved it. I think its a personal preference.
    The furniture is beautiful!!!! love ya, me

    ReplyDelete
  3. You went to Canton!? Which day? Jerett and I were there on Saturday from 12-3 and his mom and sister were with us! Man, if I only read your blog earlier!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are one of my favorite parts of blogging! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.