Pages

Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Owl Wreath

I have had a lot of pins lately from this wreath I did last fall. I wasn't as Pinterest/Blog Savvy and didn't link the wreath to the original post, so you guys are getting my most current post instead of being directed to the correct one. I wanted to make sure the tutorial was available - so here you go!

If you are here from Pinterest - thanks for stopping by! The interest in my wreath has been so exciting and has given me the bump I needed to start crafting again!

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Fall Owl Wreath


I am so stinking excited about how this turned out!
By far - my favorite project so far.

Okay - to make this Fall Owl Wreath you will need:

Medium sized round wreath - mine was about 10" accross
4 Strips of fabric - 1.5" x 44" (or the width of a bolt) It took most of a quarter yard.
Hot Glue
A Stick
Cutouts from Silhouette or Stickers/cut outs from the craft store

Step One: Wrap your fabric around your wreath and secure with hot glue at the end of each piece. You don't need to glue as you go, just wrap tightly.

 


Here we are all wrapped up - seriously, the possibilities are endless...

  

Step Two: Add you stick across the wreath towards the bottom. Jax (my 4 year old) brought this stick home with him from my office when he stayed home from school because he was sick.



Step Three: Get your extras together. These are the designs I cut out with my Silhouette Cameo. Owls and Flags are both really popular right now, so I'm sure you could find something similar at your local craft store.


Step Four: Use hot glue to secure your owl's and flags to your stick and wreath! You are all done!


I also made this little decoration with the extra flags and sticks.


Hope you guys enjoyed today's craft and I hope you'll come back next week to visit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are one of my favorite parts of blogging! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.