Moms Gotta Eat and Other Exciting Stuff
So I figured out rather quickly that if I didn't have a plan for eating I was either going to (1) Starve to Death or (2) Gain a lot of weight on Debbie Snacks
So, I started looking for something that would be easy and could be eaten with one hand. Experience kicked in a little bit on that one. I'm a routine eater. I can eat the same thing for the most part every day and don't really care. Food has never been a big deal unless I let myself get really hungry - and then I'm going straight for the sweet stuff.
So, about this time, a friend of mine on Facebook started posting about this stuff called Visalus or Body by Vi.
Its a sweet cream flavored Protein shake mix. I mix two scoops with one cup of almond milk (dairy free for Kennedy) and enough frozen fruit to fill up the magic bullet cup.
I.Love.It.
It tastes wonderful and takes about a minute - seriously. They call it "the shake mix that tastes like a cake mix"
Anyway - when I discover something I love I like to share.
So there ya go.
I had big plans for V-Day. I mean big in that both kids were gonna be dressed for the occasion AND I'd get a picture.
I DID manage to get MOST of their V-day outfits on. However, my pictures are pretty sad. Like none of Jax looking at the camera and none of Kennedy - at all.
Anyhow - Jax's Valentines for school this year were Jars of Playdoh (above). I got the idea on Pinterest. I'm pretty sure everyone I know has heard me obsess about Pinterest. If not - check it out!
Jax was really enjoying this yellow cupcake. Like, he could not be bothered while savoring every bite.
And here is a little sneaky peak at Kennedy chilling on her playmat. Her reflux finally seems to be under control enough to lay her flat if we wait long enough after she has eaten. We still have our days that she seems to spit up non-stop, but its so much better!
In other Kennedy news...
I realized I never posted her one month check-up stats. I'm such a slacker these days!
Here they are:
Weight 7 lbs 12 oz (15%)
Height 20 1/4" (10%)
Head 15" (75%)
- Kennedy definitely has the day/night thing figured out. Most days she really just takes short naps all day. Maybe 15-30 minutes. The only exception being if we go for a long ride in the car or someone is willing to hold her for hours. Which generally happens when we go to the office. She usually goes down for the night somewhere between nine and eleven and sleeps until seven or nine. The last two nights we have had one stretch of sleep from three and a half to four hours with the rest being about two hours.
- Breastfeeding is going GREAT! I'm so blessed to be able to breastfeed and be able to take her to work so I don't have to stress about pumping. However, I have started stockpiling extra milk for that day when I can stand to be away from her..
- She really likes her Nap Nanny (which is what she sleeps/hangs out) in. Which is good, since its fantastic for her reflux.
- She is super into the world around her. She follows you around the room and has started taking an interest in "visual toys."
- I swear she smiled this morning. Probably just gas, but I'm claiming it for now.
- She has her Daddy and her Bubba completely wrapped around her finger. Jax no longer wants to know where I am, just where Baby Kennedy is. He knows the baby rules, though he doesn't always follow them. He tells everyone that gets around her to "Be Easy" and "Don't touch her face"

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are one of my favorite parts of blogging! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.