With three weeks to spare - Kennedy's room is DONE!
We got the crib and a rug last week... so I can officially breath a sigh of relief that she has her own space to hang out :)
Sorry for the quality of the pictures, my camera lense has trouble in tight spaces, so I had to use my camera phone.
As I'm sure I've mentioned, Clint's dad redid the crib I had as a baby. It turned out amazing. Putting it together was interesting considering we got it in pieces and there definitely weren't any instructions... Its an old fashioned drop side crib, which seem to really freak people out these days. Don't worry though - somewhere over the last 27 years the kick plate has been lost, so we Clint is going to make the sides stationary.
The banner on the wall was made by my long-time Best Friend Tiffany and was a decoration at the shower. I love it so much and it is perfect for the room!
The baby carriage is from our neighbor Lauren and was part of an amazing gift from all the ladies on our street. They also gave us the great piece of art over her crib. I should have taken a better picture, but its a shabby chic wire/metal crown on a canvas. Too cute and again, perfect for her room.
The rug was really the hardest part of this whole thing, and sadly, the most expensive thing in the room (except the rocking chair that was a gift when Jax was born). The ones I picked out were at Pottery Barn and Restoration Hardware. For the size I wanted it was $6-800. Ummm, not gonna happen. I searched online, every store I went into and stalked the Target Rug Aisle. I just never could find anything I wanted for less than $350. Then, I was running through Chick-fil-A in Conroe and they were having a Tent Rug Sale at Home Depot. I crossed my fingers and went in. They had this one that is super similar to the PB/RH ones for $289. I was all over it and I think its perfect.
Here are a couple close-ups of the crib. It really couldn't be more perfect! The bedding is from Restoration Hardware and was a gift from Clint's parents. The pictures don't do it justice. Its a really pretty pink Vintagey fabric.
We are 18 days from our due date and let me tell you, I am READY. We don't have another appointment until Friday, so I won't have any official updates until then. This week will probably be the last week I plan on going to the office in Houston. I have a meeting I have to go to Wednesday downtown and after that I'm doing my best not to obligate myself to anything.
She has dropped BIG TIME. I pretty much can't sit up straight in a chair and leaning forward is laughable. Honestly, just sitting at this computer feels awkward. Thankfully, I was able to borrow a laptop from our IT guys, so I can comfortably work until she gets here and while I'm at home.
I've had random contractions for the last few days. I'm not sure if they qualify as Braxton Hicks because they hurt, but they aren't getting me anywhere either...
I really need to say a massive THANK YOU to my husband, our family and our friends. Everyone has been so helpful and supportive as we have gotten closer to the due date. I tend to be miss independent and they have helped me relax and let them do stuff for me so I could take it easy and be as comfortable as possible until she decides to make her appearance.
Thanks again!



No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are one of my favorite parts of blogging! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.