It's that time of year again - and I love it!
The neighbors across the street threw a pumpkins carving party the weekend before Halloween. This was a great idea for so many reasons (including we may have never actually gotten around to carving one otherwise).
We got on nickjr.com and went through their printables until Jax saw what he wanted. He picked Bubble Guppies, a current favorite. We had Bubble Puppy on one side and the Bubble Guppies Fish on the other side (forgive me for not remembering his name).
Clint is much more artistic and much more patient than I am, so he did the carving.
And I would say he did a mighty fine job! Jax thought it was great.
Here are some (but not nearly all) of the others...
And then there was Halloween!
I put off buying Jax's costume until the last minute because I assumed he would change his mind at least a hundred times. However, he consistently asked for Thomas (which he was last year too). I was secretly hoping to try something. However, Halloween morning (yes the morning of), he was still insistent on Thomas the Train.
So, I sent Daddy to the Halloween store.... and they were sold out - all three of the ones he went to. Oops.
He called me around 2:30 with the bad news. There was a little bitty Halloween store by my office, so I ran out the door and bought the VERY LAST ONE! Lesson learned? Probably not :)
And he was sooo excited.
And he looked adorable in it.
And he was not at all shy about knocking on doors, asking for candy and saying please and thank you.
Does it really get much better than this?
------------------------------------------
Switching gears - our next big adventure (except for the holidays of course) is baby stuff!
Our baby shower is Tomorrow and I am so very excited. I feel so blessed to have the group of women that I do in my life and I can tell by the little bits and pieces I've managed to get out of them that this shower is going to ROCK!
The invitation was adorable and one of its requests proved how well they know me...
All of the gifts will be displayed in lieu of me opening them one by one. This is perfect for three reasons (1) everyone won't be looking at me and I won't be stressed out about it (2) more time to socialize with the people I love so very much (3) no wasted paper, trash, full land fills - don't get me started
These are the gift bags I did. I was inspired by all the crafting I know is happening for the shower. I decided against a traditional candle, frame, etc and got them all a few of my favorite things. I sure hope they like them!
Kennedy's room is slowly starting to take shape. I promise to share pictures soon.
Uncle Corey came over last week and painted the room. We did a beige color on the walls (sounds boring, but its perfect) and a soft pink on the ceiling. We are talking so soft you hardly notice it without all the pink stuff in the room.
The crib is probably what I am looking forward to the most. I searched and searched for the crib in my head and every time I found it I wanted to laugh at the price. I had finally decided to use Jaxson's when Mom recommended redoing the crib from when I was a baby. How cool is that? Better still - its exactly what I was wanting! Clint's daddy is redoing it for us and I absolutely can't wait to see how it turns out!
The dresser was another battle. The ones I fell in love with were old antiques redone with a white shabby chic. Not easy to find for whatever reason. I kept finding them on Etsy.com, but again, the price was laughable.
Then, last weekend I drove past a garage sale and saw what was most definitely a "before" version of what I wanted. The price tag was only $25 bucks and I had what I needed to redo it, so I snatched it up. Some sanding and a little spray paint later, and we have the perfect dresser!
I just LOVE when things come together! Especially when instead of spending over $1000 on furniture, we've spent about $100 with all the supplies. Woohoo!
We still have to have the guys put in some wood floors before I can start moving stuff in, but we are definitely headed in the right direction...
which is a good thing, considering we only have 9 more weeks...





enjoyed the blog update!! and the sweet hostesses gifts. and now its down to 8 weeks! ; )
ReplyDelete