First let me apologize for the quality of these photos... I copied and pasted them from my Pinterest account... and they were pictures from my phone before that.
Anyhow - I just want to share what we have gotten done in the babies room. The first picture (obviously) is her bow holder. I made it from a frame and some ribbon I already had and then added embellishments from her shower. I just love how it turned out!
The picture below is the one wall we have completed in her room - Yay! The walls and ceiling are all painted and the laminate flooring has been purchased. So, we are well on our way!
This dresser I am especially proud of. I got it at a garage sale for $25 and already had everything to sand and spray paint it. Needless to say, I am very pleased with my "bang for the buck." The lamp base I got about 6 months ago for 10 bucks on Target clearance with no real plans for it. The shade was also a steal! The drum shade was like $2.75 on Target clearance and in really bad shape. I covered it with Coffee Filters (there are tutorials all over the web), and voila! These shades sell on Etsy for like $45 (isn't that nuts??)
I actually paid full price for the bird cage message board :)
I promise to share more as we get it all done...
This is a big project that I am seriously considering tackling, unless I can find it for a reasonable price in the meantime. At the Junior League Market they were about $75 for the size I wanted so I decided to wait.
I really want to put it on the wall between the kids rooms... I also thought about having it made in vinyl and doing it that way. Decisions, decisions...
Kennedy's shower was AMAZING! I promise to share pictures as soon as I get my hands on some. My friends and family could not know me any better. I seriously wanted to just move all the decorations to the house all put them in her room (which I sorta did anyway). I kept everything they weren't keeping and have used so much of it to do crafts for her room. I even have stuff I am planning on using at her first birthday party!
We got some great stuff and some adorable clothes. If nothing else she will be clean and well dressed for the first year for sure! I absolutely can't wait to see her in some of these outfits.
I get asked how I'm feeling a lot these days. And I also get a lot of surprised faces when I tell them I still have seven weeks. Apparently everyone else thinks I'm as huge as I think I am :) I'll be 33 weeks Thursday - and I feel like you would expect someone to feel when they are carrying around 30 extra pounds (mostly) in the front. I won't dwell on it though - or atleast I'll try not to. I can't remember any of this from Jax, so I know it must not be near as bad as I think it is.
Also, as a lot of your know, my labor with Jax was long and painful (not that its ever pleasant). I forgot most of it quite quickly and I guess my brain blocked out a lot of it. Well, I've been having "flashbacks" and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little freaked out, not that there is much I can do to stop it. My way of thinking has always been to face something that was bothering me as soon as it started bothering me, and for this one, I am at the mercy of time - which sucks.
Okay - enough negative. I'm off to pick up Jax. Hope everyone has a fabulous Thanksgiving!

man, when you spread it all out, that room cost less than any other room I've ever done, yet looks more amazing! nice job!
ReplyDeleteand hang in there...i can't believe its as close as 7 weeks and that will fly! and labor the 2nd is totally different. yes, you know what's coming, but you know you did it. and my two-cents is induce. for us, it worked out to be a gazillion times better than waiting it out. plus it was quick. but God has His hand on you and will have you in the right spot.
-Lauren