Its been over a month since I posted! Holy Smokes!
Well, here are a couple of pictures from my phone from the last month (hence the poor quality). Don't worry, I have some on my actual camera that I am going to do my best to post tonight.
Life has gotten so stinking busy lately and my lack of energy has made it nearly impossible to add anything else to my to do list!
However, I have come to realize that this blog serves as a fabulous form of therapy that I am apparently in need of. So, I am going to do my best to at least keep weekly appointments (and therefore keeping my sanity in the process).
Let me start by saying that "JAXSON IS POTTY TRAINED!!!!" I am one happy momma. That was one of my biggest concerns before #2 arrives. It happened really easily and really quickly. Who knew - all those people that said, "When he's ready you'll know and it won't be near as much work" - were right! It took about two weeks of keeping a close eye on him and now its just second nature.
This picture is from one of those evenings that I was trying to make potty time fun - and its probably one of my favorite pics of us ever!
Wouldn't be summer without the water fountains at market street. He thought is was hilarious to wait until they caught him in the face. I thought it was pretty hilarious too :)
He tried on a frog costume at a friend's house and every time I was it and try to return it - he finds it and wants to wear it around again. Crazy kid!
Last weekend we joined the Carroll Family on a trip to Canyon Lake. Super fun place to go! The kids loved it. Jax had so much fun riding the jet ski with Dad and climbing the rocks with mom.
We went to Gruene before we headed home and ate at one of my favorite places, Gruene River Grill. So much better than Gristmill! Jax was exhausted and slept through most of lunch. Which, honestly, made lunch a lot easier on me.
On a side note - I had their corn chowder that has cilantro and jalapeno in it and it was to die for! I found a version online called Tex Mex Corn Chowder, added a few extra ingredients, and it is now one of my favorite recipes. Perhaps I'll remember to share it later...
Wow, it feels great to blog again!
Oh yeah - perhaps a baby update is in order. I'm 16 weeks tomorrow. Our appointment to find out boy or girl is August 12th at 9am. I am so ready to find out!!! I think we've settle on Kennedy for a girl and Kingston for a boy.
So far, this pregnancy has been a lot harder than my first. I've made it past the morning sickness (woo-hoo) and the headaches seem to be less frequent (woo-hoo again). Now my only issues are the tiredness (which could also be contributed to running a business and chasing a 3 year old) and I think my sciatic nerve is pinched because I'm having a lot of sharp back pain.
Well, I hope this is the beginning of a lot more regularly scheduled posts!




Woo hooo!!! and congrats!!!!! to you guys on "potty trained". Isn't it great:) We are on pins and needles waiting to hear....Kennedy....Kingston....which will it be:) hoping to shop pink!! Love y'all!!
ReplyDelete