Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

Guess what?

We are pregnant with baby number two!
 
We have shared the news with some of our family and friends, but we hadn't made an official announcement.
We had our first appointment with Dr. Richter today. What started as a planned day of rest and doing things I wanted to do, turned into doctor's appointments for all three of us! Clint and Jax are having a tough time with their allergies.
 
Baby 2 is proving to be quite the handful already. From the first surprise of her impending arrival to today's visit, the surprises haven't stopped. Let me explain, with Jax I had a fabulous pregnancy. Hardly any symptoms at all. I was sleepy at the beginning and huge at the end, but that was the worst of it.
 
Oh, but this one - thats a whole different story. I think I have every symptom in the book. I'll spare you the details, but lets just say momma is ready for the relief of trimester two....
which I thought was only 5 weeks away.
 
Until today.
 
First, Ginger (my nurse) calculates me as 6 weeks 6 days. Which was right about where I thought I was.
Then Dr. Richter did the ultrasound and said baby was only measuring 6 weeks. I told her she was crazy. She measured again and got the same results. Maybe that doesn't seem like such a big deal, but I was counting down the days until I was "supposed" to start feeling better.

Little baby's heartbeat was going strong at 150 beats per minute. And we could (barely) see it beating on the machine. 

God's miracles never cease to amaze me.

I'm going back next week for another ultrasound to see if she is measuring any differently and get an official due date. Better pictures would be a plus too! You can literally see nothing on the ones she printed. 

And if you've noticed, I keep saying she... I can't help it. Everyone keeps telling me its a girl for one reason or another because of all my symptoms.

Guess we'll see in a few months!

6 comments:

  1. Yay!!!! Congratulations to all of you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! Although I wouldn't be so sure it's a girl...I had lots of symptoms with this one too and NONE with Hudson, but baby #2 for us is definitely a boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! so excited for Jax to be a big brother!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, that is amazing news!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!! So excited for yall! I definitely hope it's a girl!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are one of my favorite parts of blogging! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.