Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

 So - this is the shirt I made for Jaxson for St. Pat's day. Of course, as seems to be the theme for the last two weeks - he never wore it. Because I forgot.

Whatever. I realized it as soon as we walked into his class yesterday. Mrs. Martin (his absolutely amazing teacher), said he could wear it tomorrow and no one would mind at all. Which, by the way, is just a testament to the many times she has said just the right little something to make me think - maybe I don't suck at this mom thing today. Maybe I'm normal and sometimes its just hard. 

{I almost deleted that last part - but the truth is, sometimes something as small as forgetting some insignificant holiday make us feel inadequate. It shouldn't but it does.}
However, Jax never got to wear that shirt today. One, because I can't find it. He wore it the day I made it and hasn't been seen since. Sigh. And secondly, he has double ear infections. Horrible right? He was fine when I dropped him off (his allergies have been giving him heck), school calls and says he's started coughing really bad when he went down for nap (from the drainage), and can I come get him. Of course I can. Of course I can. I'm only dealing with one of the most stressful work weeks ever. Why does it all happen at the same time?

We go home. We snuggle, eat goldfish and watch Polar Express. Then all of the sudden he is screaming and pulling his ear, at the same time I know the Dr's office is closing. Off we go to urgent care. Doc confirms double ear infections, one of which is quite bad.
Jax is still screaming.

He passes out on the way to the pharmacy and we sit and wait.  The pharmacy is usually Daddy's job - but he is gone to pick up Jax's Great Grandma so she can be here when Aunt Caidi has her baby.

Once the advil and pain drops kick in, he seems to feel better. We go outside and play with friends and I think I'm good to go.
Last night was a nightmare. He was in pain and I couldn't seem to find the right combination of drugs, drops and cuddles to make it better.

But like all rough times - they end. And now he is running around the house singing "ring around the rosie" and asking if we can go to the store and buy Thomas (because he found my coupon for target).
So - I'm sure we will.

In the meantime - Aunt Caidi is in Labor in Bryan and I can't wait for the call that its "almost time" so we can go meet little Brylee.

I think getting to meet another one of God's miracles is going to put my current stresses into perspective - like it always does.
I'm not sure what the point of this post is. I just know I felt an overwhelming need to share this story and am not sure why. Maybe someone that reads it needs to know it isn't always easy and sometimes in the middle of the night we feel alone, but God gives us what we need to be Mommies. 
 
post signature

2 comments:

  1. Well said Mommy!
    So happy to hear that Jax is feeling better and that you survived as well:)
    Congrats on the niece! How fun!!
    The shirt is/was adorable! Hope you find it. Gotta love the silhoutte. Wish you were here this weekend. Tif has made all kinds of super cool stuff. It has been a very busy little machine.
    hug, love and kisses!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your an amazing mom and we all need to be reminded sometimes that NOBODY is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are one of my favorite parts of blogging! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.