Pages

Saturday, March 05, 2011

Making the Wrap as Cute as the Gift

 So - today is my birthday. So far - its probably one of my most favorite birthdays every, and I'm not even to the good part! Tonight we are meeting a group of friends at Tommy Bahama (yum) for dinner and then off to Baker's Street for some live music and a good time!

Today was also the Bday party of the daughter of one of Clint's best buddies. We didn't make it to the party, but I did have a gift for her... this really cute pair of skinny jeans and pink top from Baby Gap (with matching headband - man I need a little girl)...

Here's a Close up of the ribbons I picked...
Anyway - one of my favorite parts of giving a gift is the packaging. I generally make sure the package is something they can use again, like a basket or reusable box. If the present doesn't make sense in a basket and I don't have a box, I generally start with Postal Packaging and go from there.  Someone gave me a bunch of it a long time ago and it has lasted forever!

So, I took a shoe box from the shoes I bought on our shopping trip this morning (a pair of Calvin Klein flats normally $90 for $19 - thank you Macy's)

I just wrapped it with several "stripes" of ribbon. These ribbons are usually found in the scrapbook section. You get shorter lengths of coordinating ribbons. I actually found these on clearance at Tuesday Morning when Jax was a baby.

Then we cut out a simple shape out of scrapbook paper and a smaller version on white cardstock that we printed on first.

And Voila! Customized Super Cute Gift Wrap - for a little bitty price. I mean seriously - I HATE paying $3-5 for wrapping a present.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are one of my favorite parts of blogging! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.