Well, I know I'm a little late, but its been a heck of a week - and its only Wednesday! These are the Valentines we made for Jax's class. I saw them on another blog (and I'd like to give them credit, but can't find them now). All you have to have is Word to make the cards - nothing fancy.
I did "ink" the edges to give them a somewhat distressed look. They make ink for this technique and the results are a little better, but we just worked with what we had.
I wanted to do a little something extra for the teachers - again, using stuff we already had. I started with Pimento Jars and Baby Food Jars
I hot glued a layer of paper and them embellished it with ribbon from my remnants jar - which any crafter should have. You'd be surprised what you can do with those scraps!
For the other jars I just used a piece of ribbon for decoration.
There was a bit of a learning curve on the lids. I tried to just spray paint them first, and it looked awful. I did my best to get the spray paint off. Then, I repainted them with a spray primer, let them dry, and repainted with the spray paint. It looked much better the second time.
Then, I used the Silhouette to make circles to fit inside of the tops of the lids and put a little note to the teachers. I used mod podge to adhere the circles.
Jax's party was lots of fun. The class sang lots of songs and then got to enjoy snacks, cupcakes, and the Valentines from all their friends.
Jax was SO ready to eat his cupcake and open his bag of goodies. It was quite a lot of working keeping him focused!
I hope all of you had a great Valentine's Day!


So u realize in those pics that jax looks like a little boy! So cute! And mad props to your creativity on the gifts for the teachers!
ReplyDeleteAwesome! I am slowly but surely getting supplies for my silhouette. We have only made a few shirts to date, can't wait to have a "learning session" with you:)
ReplyDelete