We spend a lot of our weekends in Madisonville. A lot of our friends have never been then and may think we are a smidge crazy for packing up on Friday and Unpacking again on Sunday... over and over.
Maybe these pics will show you why its so worth it. We have high stress jobs and live in a world of fast paced living. For most people I know the city life is normal and they think "us country folk" are a little crazy. They are probably right, but we like it that way.
This weekend was probably at the top of my list for weekends in the country. We did some serious family time. Anything goes and there is not plan and thats the best part.
Hope you enjoy the pics...
We played a little baseball with a football. Gotta work with whatcha got. Jax thought I needed to wear the helmet and was leading me to the batter's spot. LOL... I know there's a word for that spot... oh yeah, home plate. I kinda stunk at softball.
Jax feeling guilty for getting into stuff in the barn. He was working on all of the equipment with Pawpaw's tools. Sorry Pawpaw if you can't find anything... I'd check the exhaust of the four wheeler if I were you...
Cousin Cameron was there to play this weekend too! Any yes, its standard for most everyone to have on camo... Although, I'll admit I bought my first piece ever last weekend.
Jax got to ride the tractor with Dad... he wasn't quite ready for the noise when Dad cranked it up.
I LOVE this one. My boys riding off to take care of business.
This is why I LOVE my country boy. Wanna build a fence... sure. He can just do anything as far as I'm concerned. Okay, I won't get too mushy.
Back to Jax - This trailer made quite the playground. We were up and down and climbing all over it!
But I'm here to tell you folks, there isn't much that beats a view like this. This is the Carroll's backyard. Hello!! Does anybody see any concrete? Smell that? FRESH air... Its amazing how different the air feels out there.
Let me stop for a moment. I don't want any of my city friends to get offended. I won't ever give up my city life. I may be traveling from country to city at some point, but I definitely have a city girl heart. I have just (recently) taken a great appreciation in what the country has to offer. Believe me, I put on my Camo... and my Tiffany's necklace.
Someday Clint and I will have a place of our own in Madisonville, even if just for a weekend home of our own - and when we do, I hope you will come visit and see what a weekend in the country can do for your soul.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are one of my favorite parts of blogging! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.