I want to start by saying HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Jax's Best Buddy Dash. He turns Two today!!
Jax and Dash fight like Brothers but are always looking forward to seeing each other again. As soon as we pulled up from San Antonio Jax ran for Dash's front door.
Now let's talk about San Antonio...We got there Friday night and Jax went full throttle from the minute we stepped in the hotel. Upstairs he ran up and down (and up and down) the halls... then he found a "wet floor" sign and had a blast playing with that. He stood on it, carried it around, crawled under it - it was pretty funny. He has dozens of toys and the sign keeps him occupied.
Then we discovered the escalator. We rode up and down and up and down, and then he realized he fit in that little space in between. He rode in the car happily for 4 hours, so my attitude was pretty much - "Whatever you wanna do works for me"
This a model of the hotel... he wanted me to "Open" so bad. He kept asking me "Keys?" There were mini people and cars that were very tempting...
Did I mention I was excited about that lens? This picture (below) is absolutely why. LOVE IT!
And this, my friends, is the reason for our visit to San Antonio. My little sister was running her 1st half marathon. This picture totally captures her "just take the picture already" attitude.
And isn't she so stinking cut in her nautical stripes and orange trench - I'm just a little jealous I didn't get her fashion sense!
And This (minus Jax and I) was her cheering section.
(Cody, Sierra, Mom, Charlie)
We meandered around the Riverwalk on Saturday - gotta play in the water - his shirt sleeves were soaked (sigh)
Don't let the pictures fool you - Jax had some serious "2 year old" moments this weekend. If Cody and Sierra were considering kids anytime soon I'm sure they're reconsidering. He threw countless fits and received subsequent spanking and/or time-outs. Needless to say we were both exhausted when we got home today.
This is Mom trying to catch him (again) because there wasn't a ledge on this part of the riverwalk. - Thanks Mom!
Back to business - the morning of the race!! I'm a super excited about this kind of stuff type of person. Sierra is a lets get down to business and get this thing started kinda person. So, I just want to say - Thanks for letting me snap pictures of you so early in the morning when you just wanted me to leave you alone. Muah - I love you!
Sierra's group at the starting line. There were anywhere from 31,000 to 40,000 runners depending on who you asked.
Okay people, take a hard look at this picture. Do you see the determination on that chica's face?? Seriously.
Look at how amazing she looks. Good form, no sweat, and let me tell you, by now I'm running with my mouth open and red faced. This is MILE 10!!!
We love you Sierra - we are super duper proud of you, and we are so glad we were able to share this day with you!!




No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are one of my favorite parts of blogging! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.