Pages

Monday, October 18, 2010

Camping - Well, as close as I'm gonna get...

 This is how Jax started the first day of our big Sam Rayburn Family Reunion Trip - by biting the hitch and filling his mouth with grease. Sometimes they learn the hard way.

If you don't know where Sam Rayburn is, I don't really know how to tell you. Its not by anything. Normally, I'm quite the city gal, and I don't really have a problem with that. I have enough country in me to enjoy and not be snotty, but just a dab will do me. Clint and Jaxson on the other hand, could stay forever and never leave. 

We had the best time. Powell Park is beautiful. The Wright Family has been camping there pretty much forever. They are on a first name basis with the owners and always stay in the same (and the best) camping spots. In total, we had 2 RV's and 6 (?) Cabins.

Jax waiting patiently for Papa to peel an orange.He asked me, "Does he eat it like this or in slices?"   

This is Uncle Doug, Aunt Shirley and Buzz, they are the Pro's that organized the event.

I have about a hundred pictures like this, because this is all Jax wanted to do. Chase the big kids around and throw stuff in the water.

Nannie, Jax and more stuff in the lake.

Finding a good spot for Dad's fishing Lures. As soon as the guys pulled up in their boats, Jax was racing for the water yelling, "Boat, Boat" He doesn't necessarily want to ride, just be on it. As soon as you start the engine he falls asleep  - every time.

Driving Uncle Arts super fancy Skeeter - I'm talking everything on it and all the after market "gotta have its" too. He works for Navionics and this is his Demo boat. Apparently is AMAZING.

Speaking of Art, this is Art and Laurisa. Guess it doesn't matter how old they are, they are still brother and sister.

Alaina (sp?) counting down for hide and go seek. Jax is just making sure she doesn't cheat. In true Wright style, she was so good with Jaxson. She was always taking care of him and making sure he had what he needed. She actually wrote in the sand... I love Jaxson and his mom.


These are all the great grandkids - Alaina, Cameron, Atley and Jax.

Doesn't get much cooler than this

Just seemed necessary to share at least one picture of the amazing food we have when this family gets together. Its always a lot and its always amazing. Unfortunately for this girl, I can only handle about 2 1/2 meals of it before my body revolts. Ohhhh, but doesn't it look so good!


Better enjoy this pic - it may just be on our Christmas cards!


There are more stories to share, but I guess they'll have to wait - cause I gotta get ready for work and Jax has figured out I was on the computer!

Have a great week y'all!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are one of my favorite parts of blogging! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.