Pages

Monday, March 15, 2010

Sorry about the tiny pictures - I stole them from Angela's facebook :)

Well, we did it! We ran for 13.1 miles without stopping!! Our official time was 2:36:11... almost exactly a 12 minute mile... which I have not seemed to be able to break since I started this adventure

Here we are in our corral, about the cross the start line. It was FREEZING. We were super ready to go when we got to the front!

There were almost 10,000 runners! We even saw Elvis... four times to be exact!


He we are in the recovery zone! My muscles locked up tight as soon as we stopped running... I was hobbling all the way to the truck!

You might be wondering where Sierra is... well, she got the stomach bug the night before the race and was up sick all night long. We were super sad to run it without her... we were all wondering how fast she was gonna run it! I could have bet on my time... but Sierra is quite the little athlete! I'm hoping Sierra and I can run one together in a couple months to make up for this one!

Rock n Roll Series is definitely the way to go if you are considering something like this - and yes, you really could do it! I could barely run a mile 6 months ago. The bands really break up the miles and give you something to look forward to, and the positive, encouraging atmosphere keeps you going when it gets tough!

More photos to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are one of my favorite parts of blogging! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.