Pages

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Happy Birthday to Kaleb


This weekend was Kaleb's 1st Birthday Party. He had a truck themed outside bash with great weather and lots of friends and family. We had a great time. Jax ran around like crazy and tried out all of Kaleb's new toys.




As you will see below... Kaleb's very talented Mommy and Gammie made two amazing cakes and a tower of cupcakes. They were both adorable and delicious. Jaxson would have ignored all of them completely, except for the fact that they were covered in cars. And not just any cars, but cars that he also has at home. Jax's favorite thing in the world right now is cars, so how do you explain to an 18 month old that those are not his cars and are therefore, off limits. Short answer, you don't! You sneak them off the cupcakes in the back and hope your best friend forgives you for defacing her cupcakes :)

Here is Kaleb preparing to devour his cake. Isn't it amazing that he will leave that hat on? Jaxson wasn't having any of that! It lasted about two seconds on him and after that he just ran when I picked one up.


Kaleb thinking... "Hmmmm... so this isn't just any truck. This is an amazingly delicious truck... maybe all my other trucks are just as scrumptous and they've been keeping it from me this whole time???"

Slowly, but surely all the other kiddos wanted in on the action.

Jaxson just observed, as he usually does when there are lots of kids around. I would just love to know whats going through that head of his...
I took off his shirt just in case he decided to "help." I don't generally let him run around at other peoples houses like that. Our house... different story.



And these are the before mentioned cakes/cupcakes... Aren't they fantastic. I'm going to say it again, why don't you guys go into business doing this stuff?





Kaleb, Thanks for inviting us to your party and letting us play with all your new toys. I hope you had as much fun as we did. And when it warms up, we'll come help you break in all your new water toys. We love you and happy happy birthday!!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Thank you guys sooo much for coming and playing with us...and the cars on the cupcakes were supposed to go home with the person that ate the cupcake...now we have TONS of cars and we will gladly share!! And I cannot wait for summer and water fun!! Thanks again for everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wish you would have gotten a pic a Jax sneaking over to the cars. It was priceless!
    you know in this house that all cakes (including icing and/or cars on top of them) are fair game once they are set out in plain sight. Someone actually ate a whole piece of my birthday cake before everyone got home from work :)
    love you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are one of my favorite parts of blogging! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.