What do y'all think of the new header picture? Its part of my experimenting with digital scrapbooking. If only I could get it to fit in the box...
I'm heavily considering asking Redbud Designs (link on sidebar) to do a blog design for me... wouldn't that be awesome?? I've wanted to forever, and everytime I decide to do it, her waiting list is closed :( I emailed her today and she said she would probably open it next week!!
Also, I need opinions on something. I'm (seriously) considering getting lasik surgery. I'm and SICK of contacts. My eyes seems to be agitated by contacts more and more the older I get. I am at the point in the year(s) that I am needing new glasses, a new supply of contacts, and a new prescription. Ugh! With no vision insurance (maybe I could hold out for Obama to work things out and you guys could help me pay for it)(sorry, couldn't stand it)(actually, since I make more than minimum wage I probably wouldn't qualify, I'd just pay for it)(okay, I'll stop)....
Where was I, oh, I'm fixing to spend a good bit of money for contacts, glasses and prescription, so I thought it was a good time to revisit the lasik idea.
So.... I made a ("free") consultation appointment for Wednesday. They couldn't tell me over the phone how much it cost because it depends on your prescription and if you have a astigmatism. I'm practically blind and I do have a astigmatism, so I'm kinda scared of the price tag.
Any experiences, stories, donations :) would be appreciated
Big Bows & Besties: Hosting the Cutest Galentine’s Party Ever
-
Big Bows & Besties: Hosting the Cutest Galentine’s Party Ever. Five easy
DIY decor projects to create a festive Valentine’s Day Galentine’s party.
The po...
7 months ago

you should totally do a redbud blog and lasik...i'm not so sure...i think in theory it's a great idea but there's something about a laser and my eye that do not quite fit!!!
ReplyDeleteThe laser really does freak me out. My neighbor had it done and explained the whole process in detail (she came over right after). It scared me to death. I had to wait until I'd forgotten the details before I considered it again...
ReplyDeleteEddie knows several people that have had it done and have loved it. No bad experiences that we know of. If you can handle the idea of a laser and your eyes...go for it.
ReplyDeleteAs for the redbud-Rach had it done last year and her blog is adorable! Go for it. You are only young and brave once;)
ps love the pic at the top!
ReplyDeleteooh redbud would be cool! especially if her wait list is about to open up. i, of course, am always up for playing with something for you. i'm no redbud, but i know enough to get us in trouble!
ReplyDeleteand go for the lasik! i would do it a heartbeat, but i just had my eye appt last week, and my doc told me to wait til i am done having kiddos. i guess your eyes can change slightly with each pregnancy. i dunno. i bet every doc has their own opinion about that, anyways. just remember, people do it all the time with no probs whatsoever, so you'll be fine!! Gammie is right - you are only young and brave once!
I adore the top picture and I think a new blog design would be great. I know a few people that have had lasik, including Candace and they didn't have any problems. Just ask A LOT of questions! Love Ya & the most amazing, adorable and loving nephew ever!!!
ReplyDeleteI know how to make it fit in the box - I'll tell you tomorrow (since I have to re-remember how!!)
ReplyDeleteIf you get lasik you have to tell me all about it because I want it bad but am terrified that they'll screw up and I'll be blind...