Pages

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

When it rains, it pours...

I have always believed that if you pray for God's will, and honestly follow what you believe to be his directions in life, that good things will come. I have always said that I felt like God pushed me into accounting - going back to freshman year of college - I was freaking out because I realized I didn't want to be a doctor. How could that be? I'd had it all figured out! So, I transferred to Sam and started looking for a new direction. Someone advised me to start in the business department because there were so many places you could work with a business degree, just in case I graduated and still hadn't figured it out. Anyway, my first day in my first accounting class - I just knew I'd found my niche. All of my semi-OCD tendencies made sense in this crazy new world I had discovered. And ever since then, things have just sorta fallen into place.

There is a purpose to this post -

I just want to out loud thank God for his blessings. As most of you know, I quit my "normal" job just before Jax was born. I just knew I wasn't supposed to be there anymore, and somehow I knew God would make a way for us financially. Of course, there was a hurricane, so that helped (hubby chases hurricanes - that could be confusing w/o that tidbit), but hurricane work doesn't last forever. So, I have been praying for peace about our financial future and let God know I was ready whenever he wanted to reveal his plans for my little business.

Well, my little business is growing! In the last week I've picked up another individual to do tax returns for and two more businesses to do bookkeeping for.

Of course, one minute I'm super excited and the next I'm wondering how I'm gonna find time to be the best mom in the whole world and the best business owner ever! But - I don't think God gives us more than we can handle. I am believing that everything will fall into place.

When I need help with Jax, someone will offer.
When I need time to work, Jax will need a nap.
When Jax is having an off day, the phone won't ring.
When the phone rings, Jax won't be screaming.
When Jax is at MDO on Tu/Th, my clients will want to meet Tu/Th.
When I need retail therapy, there will be sales at all my favorite store :)


1 comment:

  1. Amen sista! You are right, God will totally provide. Sounds like he is meeting your needs for sure, setting you up to be in the best spot possible!

    And know that any time my car is in the driveway - which is pretty much 24/7, I am there and would be glad to watch Jax - even if all you need to do is make a business and insure no baby is howling in the background!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are one of my favorite parts of blogging! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.