What seems like a hundred years ago, during the Christmas holidays, my grandma came to visit.
Wait, first a little background... the rocking chair we have in Jax's room was originally purchased for my mom when I was born... so its almost 25 years old. Its a lot squeaky, but it was free and it does the job. I sorta recovered it with baby blue fabric (it was a horrible musty smelling brown), but I never quite finished. So its not much to look at either.
Grandma took Jax while she was here and was going to rock him to sleep - needless to say - by the time the visit was over, she had given me her credit card and told me to order a new rocker. I was super excited. It was one of those things I really wanted but wouldn't buy.
Well, I stocked the Babies R Us website everyday until it was delivered. I was so super stoked when I found the box on the back porch. I opened the box (on the back porch bc it was too big for me to carry - and I couldn't wait for Clint to get home) and brought it in piece by piece. I got it screwed together and stepped back to admire my handiwork and realized the wood was split - ugh! So, I call Babies R Us, they send me a shipping label to return it and we go through the process of getting a new one ordered.
Number two arrived mid last week. I was here when UPS delivered, so I had him put it in the entrance. I open the box with much anticipation - I can't wait to rock Jax in it! But before I start taking it out, I inspect the top of the rocker - you guessed it - the wood it split! Again!
I take a deep breath and calmly dial customer service. I am planning on not getting another one. I'll just stick with squeaky. But Ms. Customer Service is super nice and gives me 10% off plus free 2nd day shipping. So, I'm giving them one last chance.
Number three is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. I am praying to have pics of my beautiful new rocking chair - all in one piece - to show you tomorrow.
If not - I am writing a letter to Dutalier (manufacturer) and placing another polite phone call to customer service.
Big Bows & Besties: Hosting the Cutest Galentine’s Party Ever
-
Big Bows & Besties: Hosting the Cutest Galentine’s Party Ever. Five easy
DIY decor projects to create a festive Valentine’s Day Galentine’s party.
The po...
6 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are one of my favorite parts of blogging! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.