Pages

Friday, December 19, 2008

Persistence and Patience

It just took me an extremely long time to get a very tired baby to go to sleep - why is that? Why is it that the more tired they are, the harder they fight it? Just breaks my heart. He was so tired, and he would be so asleep, and as soon as his head hit the mattress, he was so awake.

We have recently learned how to roll over. I'm not convinced that he always does it on purpose, because he often seems surprised when his scenery suddenly changes... anyway - I have been so excited that he could roll over. I've been trying for two days to video tape it on my phone to show everybody, but he only does it when I'm not ready - of course that doesn't surprise me. He doesn't really do anything when we're ready, does he? Well, I should have had my camera ready tonight - because every time I laid him down - that is exactly what he did - and it really ticked him off. This was for sure one of those times that he wasn't doing it on purpose. After about the fifteenth attempt, I think he might be down for awhile - I hope.

Motherhood is teaching me so many things. Persistent and Patience are the two things I'm learning tonight. I was super tempted to just skip my "me" time, tooth brushing, and much needed shower - and just let him sleep all night in my arms. Of course, this would mean me also getting little sleep of my own, not to mention teaching him that if he doesn't give up - I will. But I didn't give up, and thus, my persistence results in me being able to ramble on my blog and soon take a much needed shower. I've been spit up on too many times to count today. And patience. Patience because my schedule is irrelevant. Patience because his needs must be satisfied before mine. I must be patient with his needs. He is always learning about this new world around him, and I must remind myself to be patient as he learns.

Some other things I have learned from Jaxson:

The house isn't going to be clean - not even right after the cleaning lady leaves.
I'm going to miss stuff. Like tonight, We missed Caidi's graduation because Jax is having a growing spurt (which pretty much guarantees a cranky baby).
I'll eat just about anything - anytime. Especially if it doesn't have to be heated up and can be eaten with one hand.
One smile/coo can make a bad day all better.
Stuff goes missing - I can't find anything... including the adapter that lets me load pics onto my computer. Guess I'll be getting a new one of those this weekend.

Well, my laptop is about to die and I should REALLY get some sleep before Jaxson wakes up again.

1 comment:

  1. girl - i think we go through some of the same stuff probably at some of the same times!

    dash has been in a stage where he screams if you put him down. not terrible for mom and dad unless you want to try and cook dinner or go to the bathroom!!

    anyways, i feel like i have had to learn the patience thing major-ly through motherhood, so i can somewhat sympathize

    but hang in there. jaxson needs you and clint and every ounce you give to him will pay off soon! you two are doing great!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are one of my favorite parts of blogging! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.