Just a few pics from Christmas at our house...
BTW - yesterday Jaxson rolled over for real. He had done it on accident before, but this was the real thing. We even got it on tape! Of course, it made putting him to sleep last night a nightmare because he kept pushing himself over onto his side or flipping all the way over. Who knew I could be so sleep deprived and so proud at 3 in the morning?

This may be my favorite non-Jax pic of 2008. It honestly encompasses my true feelings about this holiday season. Exhausted! You really shouldn't try to decorate and take care of a 3 month old. Because, you have to put all that crap back up. I can't wait til next year. Christmas has always been one of my favorite times of year, and next year, Jax will be able to help. Probably help tear it done more than put it up, but nonetheless, I might get to enjoy the season a little more.
These two have had a busy 2008 too. This is my little sister Sierra and her bf Cody. They have been dating since I can remember and they have been working their butts off this fall. They are both finishing up at Texas State, and running a Skate shop in San Marcos. As anyone that owns their own business knows - it is hard work. If anyone deserves a nap - they do!
BTW - yesterday Jaxson rolled over for real. He had done it on accident before, but this was the real thing. We even got it on tape! Of course, it made putting him to sleep last night a nightmare because he kept pushing himself over onto his side or flipping all the way over. Who knew I could be so sleep deprived and so proud at 3 in the morning?
These two have had a busy 2008 too. This is my little sister Sierra and her bf Cody. They have been dating since I can remember and they have been working their butts off this fall. They are both finishing up at Texas State, and running a Skate shop in San Marcos. As anyone that owns their own business knows - it is hard work. If anyone deserves a nap - they do!
This is my grandpa Boothe and Jaxson. This is the first time he has really been ready to hold Jaxson (the tiny ones make him nervous), and it really blessed my heart. Our other grandfather passed away weeks before Jax was born, so Jax spending time with Grandpa Boothe is that much more important.
One of my new favorite indulgences is waking up before Jaxson and enjoying a little "me" time. Doesn't happen often, but when it does, I usually curl up with a book and a cup of coffee and just relax. Usually I try to read something encouraging. I used to have time to research books and make an educated decision before I bought another one, but time no longer allows such luxuries. This morning turned out to be one of those mornings. We had a pretty rough night, but a moment of peace awake sounded better than another hour of sleep. So, here we are. Since I found out I was pregnant I have read a ton of books. In the spirit of all those New Year's lists I am sure to make, I decided to share a list of a few books I have enjoyed in the motherhood section:
Belly Laughs, Jenny McCartney - if you are pregnant, please read this book. It helps so much on those days that you just think "this sucks and I'm never gonna have this baby." You will seriously laugh out loud.
From the Hips - this is your what to expect book with a lot of pizazz. It was written by a couple after they had a baby and had been disappointed with the books they had looked for. It is an unbiased book that is strictly informational as opposed to trying to sway your decision in an area. Of course, it is also really cute in its design. Who wants to lug around an ugly black and white book?
Mommy Diaries (my current book) is one I got through MOPS. It has really been a spirit lifter. It is full of stories from moms, and it just makes you feel like your not alone and reminds you that millions of moms have survived motherhood and didn't regret it one bit. I'm a big quote person. They can really inspire me. This books is full of them in the margins. Here are a few of my favs...
I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it. ~Pablo Picasso
Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right. ~Henry Ford (& my mom)
Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive that is youer than you ~Dr. Suess
What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies withing us. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
I am a woman above everying else. Jackie O
Belly Laughs, Jenny McCartney - if you are pregnant, please read this book. It helps so much on those days that you just think "this sucks and I'm never gonna have this baby." You will seriously laugh out loud.
From the Hips - this is your what to expect book with a lot of pizazz. It was written by a couple after they had a baby and had been disappointed with the books they had looked for. It is an unbiased book that is strictly informational as opposed to trying to sway your decision in an area. Of course, it is also really cute in its design. Who wants to lug around an ugly black and white book?
Mommy Diaries (my current book) is one I got through MOPS. It has really been a spirit lifter. It is full of stories from moms, and it just makes you feel like your not alone and reminds you that millions of moms have survived motherhood and didn't regret it one bit. I'm a big quote person. They can really inspire me. This books is full of them in the margins. Here are a few of my favs...
I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it. ~Pablo Picasso
Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right. ~Henry Ford (& my mom)
Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive that is youer than you ~Dr. Suess
What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies withing us. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
I am a woman above everying else. Jackie O

Can I just tell you how much I miss you! I haven't checked my blog reader in a few weeks so it was the ULTIMATE treat to see that I had THREE unread Carroll Family Life blogs! I know we're both unbelievably busy, and I doubt that will change much soon, but I just want you to know that I need you in my life, even if it just in the form of blog entries :) Love you! Happy Holidays!!!
ReplyDeleteAlso - I totally have a Jaxson gift that I bought before he was born...really need to get that to you guys before he outgrows everything. Also...there's still that blanket that needs finishing...
LOVE YOU!!!