Pages

Friday, October 03, 2008


LOOOOOOOOONG MORNING!

2am - decide these HAVE to be contractions. Nothing else explains this feeling...
- put up laundry
- pick up kitchen
- put check on fridge for cleaning lady (best decision ever made, btw)

3am - decide to wake up Clint
- finish packing bags
- Clint takes the world's longest shower

4am - arrive at the hospital and go through triage

5am - nurse says I'm 1cm and has me walk around the hospital for an hour
- longest hour OF MY LIFE
- these contractions HURT

6am - nurse checks me, no change, story of my pregnancy
- she calls dr, she says send me home, huh?
- nurse says I'm not in labor
- I want to know how long this is going to last before it is labor or goes away
- she gives me Vicatin and Ambien - smile

7am - leave the hospital

1030am - wake up to a pretty good contraction. Nothing major since then
Little contractions here and there, but not rythm ( have NEVER been able to spell that)

So.... we are waiting for REALLY BAD contractions every five minutes for two hours or Monday morning at 5 am (scheduled inducement), whichever comes first.

In the meantime, I can be found surrounded by pillows in the bed. Hopefully soon I will venture out and go buy some mindless reading material...

Clint and I drove to his office after the hospital and grabbed his stuff - well more him than me - I was already seeing lanes cross and stuff on the highway :) That way he could stay home with me today. If nothing happens today I may get a mom to come stay with me this weekend, just in case. Cause, one thing I know for sure, I won't be able to drive myself to the hospital having contractions worse than what I was having this morning.

Thanks for all your prayers... this leg of the journey is almost over, and we are going to get to meet our little miracle.

1 comment:

Comments are one of my favorite parts of blogging! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.