Happy Due Date to Me!
I never really thought I would go to term... guess thats what I get for thinking!
I went to the doctor yesterday... unusually excited.... I'm not really sure what I expected.... Well, nothing had changed. I'm still 80% effaced and a fingertip dialated. She left it up to me and Clint as to whether we tried to "push it." She was going out of town this weekend, so if she stipped my membranes and something happened, there was no way she would be able to be there - bummer. So, we decided to leave it alone. Tuesday is her normal day off, so we didn't want to do anything Monday either. Therefore, if nothing has happened by Wednesday, we will strip my membranes. If he still isn't here by Monday, Oct 6th, she's going to induce.
Doesn't that seem like forever away! Thats 9 more day!
The waiting is driving me crazy, but not enough to try anything to put me into labor knowing my doctor won't be the one delivering. Guess I'll just have to let go and let God do his thing. He prolly has this already figured out dontcha think?
Thanks for your phone calls and text messages! I promise I will let everyone know if anything progresses!

Wow. That's crazy -- you're so there! Of course you want your doctor to deliver, but know it's not the end of the world if it's someone else. All three of mine were weekend babies, and Joey was the only delivered by my actual doctor. When you get to that point, you just want them OUT! (With Micah, my epidural didn't start working at all until AFTER he was born. I was at a ten for awhile, and the nurses kept telling me to wait for the meds to kick in, wait for the meds to kick in. I finally told them I was pushing, and they could go get a doctor or deliver him themselves. They could hear it in my voice and kind of panicked. They quickly got a doctor, and two pushes later he was born...and everything was fine...)
ReplyDeleteall three cooper girls were two weeks late :O
ReplyDelete