I knew the day would come... I just didn't expect it so soon.
If only someone had been there to take a picture.
Yesterday I went outside to meet Lauren for our walk... sadly, I couldn't quite get around my belly to tie my shoes. Thankfully, Clint had come outside... and was willing, with only minimal laughter, to tie them for me. So there I am, laying in the front yard, with my foot on Clint's thigh like we're doing football stretches... good stuff.
I tried a new recipe last night. I made potato salad Sunday (without a recipe!!!, I was so proud of myself) and we had some leftover. I was trying to think of something that would go with it, and something I had all the ingredients for. I found a recipe for Oven Baked BBQ Chicken. It turned out really good, so I thought I would share the recipe...
BBQ Baked Chicken
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Take 4 chicken breast and season with salt, onion powder, thyme, and paprika. I also sprinkle on a little jalapeno seasoning. I put them all in a glass 13x9 and sprayed both sides of the chicken with pam. The pam seems to help them sear in the juices a little bit.
Sauce
1 cup catsup
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup water
1 tsp cinnamon (don't forget this ~ it gives a great flavor)
1/2 tsp thyme
1 tsp onion powder
1 tbs worchestershire (sp?) sauce
6 drops tabasco
The recipe said to cook the chicken for 45 minutes. When I checked them at 20 minutes to turn them over, they were done. So I would cook for 10, flip, and then cook for 10 more. Then check and see if they are done.
While the chicken is cooking, combine the sauce ingredients and bring to a boil. Then let simmer til the chicken is done. I poured some of it over the chicken and then put the rest on the table for a dipping sauce.
The sauce doesn't have your typical bbq flavor. All the brown sugar and the cinnamon really give it a different taste ~ but in a good way!
Enjoy!

Too funny! Can you still shave your legs?!
ReplyDelete