Pages

Thursday, May 01, 2008


Yesterday I went to a seminar downtown for work, and ended up back in Conroe a little earlier than usual. Well, we needed groceries in a bad way, so I made my way to the HEB. I told Clint this week that I felt like I was starting to put on weight in places that weren't necessary, and I wanted to start eating healthier. I always feel bad cooking "healthy" stuff, cause it usually isn't something Clint enjoys, or its leaves him hungry. Can't have that! But he said he would survive... so I am going to try and eat a little bit healthier. Those of you who "really" know me would be SHOCKED by what and how much I eat.

Anyway... I was looking at prego mags at HEB (they have a better selection than anybody else, even the bookstores). I came across this magazine called Cook's. I usually don't like the cooking magazines, especially the diet ones, because the recipes are a little too fancy for me. I don't put preserves on meat... and it always seems to be stuff like that. Well, I picked it up and flipped through it a bit... I LOVE IT! It has tons of little tidbits of info. The second recipe is for Chicken Parmesan (Clint's fave). I always end up with soggy spots when I make it though... well, there was a tip on how to keep it from doing that...

Here it is.... toast the breadcrumbs with a little oil then let cool before coating chicken. Also, put a wire rack over a cookie pan (with a lip) and put the chicken on that. It allows the chicken to get crispy on the bottom, instead of the dreaded soggy spot.

I am hoping to try it tonight... if so, I'll let you know how it turned out and share the whole recipe.

I looked on the magazine website, and apparently this is a special addition, so I can't subscribe. But they do have a regular (not lowfat) version that comes out 6 times a year. They also have a cookbook of all their lowfat recipes... so after I try a few of these recipes, I might have to invest in that.

Change of Subject... if anybody owns/runs a company and has received a notice from the state controller about the new Texas Franchise Tax.... and you don't have a clue what to do about it... please let me know. Thats what the seminar was about. The New tax is completely different from the old tax and it applies to every type of company, not just corporations and LLC's. The state opened up a 30 day grace period (reports were due today), so let me know if you need any help!

Ummm.. there has been a request for prego pics (thats just what I want Amanda, documentation of how fat I look :) LOL! Anyway, Tiff's couples shower is in about a week, so I will try to get one of me and Clint while we are there. But there is a reason I like to be behind the camera!

Oh! Baby is 19 weeks as of yesterday... the weeks are really starting to fly by! I am almost at the halfway point!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are one of my favorite parts of blogging! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.