Its definitely one of my goals as a mom to have kids that know what a joy reading can be. Yes, I was a bit of a nerd growing up. I'm pretty glad I was. You could definitely find me tucked away in my room for hours reading.
Anyway, for the longest time we didn't have a bookshelf for the kids books. I didn't want to spend money on a crappy one, and we didn't really have a great place for a tall one. About six months ago I drove past this one on the side of the road. I know, lucky me. I stuffed it in the back of my car and brought it home. It has actually turned into one of my favorite pieces of furniture! My dream house will have a mini library with one of those ladders on rollers...
It lives in the hall and I couldn't get a head on shot, but this morning I did some reorganizing so I could see how many books I actually had for Jax. I had a feeling most of our books were more for Kennedy's age. I was right. I devoted most of the top shelves to Jax's reading material.
All of his thinner books - like the ones from Chick-fil-a, fit nicely in this old berry box (which I found at a garage sale for $1).
Miss Priss showed up to inspect my work. We'll see how long her shelf stays organized...



No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are one of my favorite parts of blogging! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.