Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The Carroll Corral


We found the perfect piece of land to start the next phase of our life!

We LOVE it.

It hasn't ever been touched, which means lots of work, but we get to make it our own.

It has a CREEK. Why am I so excited about this? Because its COOL. How many people do you know that can be like...."and this is my creek..." I've just really always wanted a piece of property with a creek, obvisouly :)

It is almost exactly between Madisonville and Huntsville on a paved road. This was a requirement I really wanted to meet, but wasn't sure if it would be a possibility. The nearest Target is only 15 minutes away - which is vital. Work and School for the kids is also about 10-15 minutes away.

We made an offer on the land - after almost a full (nail-bitingly long) week  - they countered - so we countered again! Now we are waiting again.

At the end of the day, we are (pretty) sure this land will be ours... its just a matter of price.

Thats really all - I'm just super PUMPED!!  We have looked and looked and looked at land and its so exciting to finally find something that fills all of our checkboxes!

So, since its 24 acres, we feel like we totally need to name it. Because, thats what people do in the country. We don't just go home, we go "to the ranch" or "to the farm" or "to the dairy" or "to the place." You get the idea. All we've come up with so far is the Carroll Corral - I know its pretty lame, but you gotta start somewhere?

At the end of the day, I'm just going to be excited to call it ours. That is, when they finally counter our offer, again...

When Clint gets home and we can go out there again, I will take some pics to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are one of my favorite parts of blogging! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.