Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2013

2013






Hi! Maybe you remember me - I'm this chick who used to blog on a semi-regular basis and then I like totally disappeared.

Well, I'm back. For whatever reason it was a big decision to blog or not to blog. After getting off of facebook, I wanted to step back from putting my whole life out there for the world to see.

What I have learned is that I love to share. I love to share my family, my experiences, my lessons learned, my craft adventures and my time in the kitchen. So, if you stumble upon my little part of the web, I hope you enjoy what you find.

If I'm being honest, 2012 was one of the craziest and hardest years of my life. There were some major highs and lows and I can't believe how God has used those experiences to shape me into one strong lady/mama/business women. I'm reading an amazing book called "Greater." I recommend it if you're wondering what the heck your supposed to be doing with the rest of your life.

So, looking forward to 2013 - I am excited about what it has in store - and I feel more prepared for the changes we are expecting. Here is what is "planned" for the next year....

(1) Sell our first home. I'd be lying if I said this was an easy decision. We are surrounded by friendships we have made that will surely last a lifetime!

(2) Move to Madisonville and into the Dairy! Yikes - if you know me - you're probably taking bets on how long thats gonna last. I respect and enjoy the country - but I have definitely embraced my city living. Clint says 6-8 weeks - ha! I'm thinking more like 12-18 months.... we shall see...

(3) That move thing involves so much more! Moving into a new office and moving schools for the kiddos. Big decisions there.

(4) I'm a traveler. I like to GO! As a matter of fact, that was my first word. So very telling... To maintain my sanity - I usually take a few trips (near and far) every year. Clint is not nearly as interested in go as I am. He travels a lot for work, so home is where he wants to be. He totally supports my need to travel, and for that reason I go when I need to. This year I have a weekend trip to Austin with my sister for my birthday & a trip to Lake Tahoe/Reno for a family wedding in June! I went to Colorado last fall - and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking for an excuse to go back. It was absolutely beautiful!

(5) I want to start paying attention to the foods I put in my body. I've dabbled with being a vegetarian, but I don't think that's the choice for me. However, I do like to identify the ingredients to the foods I eat. So, I'm going to do more of that. More cooking - more learning about the benefits of food. I'll share those recipes here. When we get to the country I'm sure there will be gardens and animals (the kind we plan to eat and the kind we keep as pets). If that grosses you out - I apologize - some people like to imagine their bacon comes from a bacon factory - it doesn't.  I'll be sure to share those adventures too! I'm also strangely interested in all this gluten talk. What I've learned so far makes perfect sense and leaves me thinking twice before scarfing down a croissant.

Guess I need to get back to cleaning this house. See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are one of my favorite parts of blogging! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.